Boozy Frozen S’mores Hot Chocolate
When you add s’mores ingredients to a blender with a dash of booze, the result is this Boozy Frozen S’mores Hot Chocolate.
As soon as the warm weather rolls in, I extract my blender from its dark, cavernous hibernation space under the cabinet. I prefer to keep it close by and at the ready in preparation for frozen cocktail season. ‘Tis the season!
With the blender ready and waiting on the counter and the icemaker cranked to high, this Boozy S’mores Frozen Hot Chocolate is ready to go whenever the mood strikes.
When I say this cocktail tastes just like you’re biting into a classic, gooey, chocolate-y s’more, I’m not joking. It’s a s’more in cold, frosty liquid form. The best part, of course, is that my version is spiked with booze. I use a combination of vanilla vodka and crème de cocoa to bring out the flavor of the toasted marshmallows and chocolate. It’s rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious. I have no doubt that this will be your go-to cocktail recipe this summer!
With new Shake & Spoon™ from Diamond, you can easily add a dash of nuts for a festive garnish. Though this is a sip-able s’more, you don’t have to miss out on that classic crunchy texture. I grabbed a handful of chopped pecans and toasted them for the rim of the glass. The packaging makes it too convenient not to!
Aside from toasting the marshmallows, which can be done over the open flames of your summer bonfire, a grill, or under the heat of a broiler, this cocktail requires very little effort. Dump everything into a blender and whir until smooth. Transfer the smooth, frothy mixture to your pecan-rimmed mason jars and top with mini marshmallows. Pop in a colorful straw and sip until your heart’s content.
This is summer, you guys! Enjoy.
Boozy S'mores Frozen Hot Chocolate
• 10 marshmallows (not mini marshmallows)
• ½ cup milk
• ¼ cup chocolate syrup
• ¼ cup hot cocoa mix (about 3 packets)
• 2 ounces vanilla vodka
• 2 ounces crème de cocoa
• 3 cups ice
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted Diamond Shake & Spoon™ Pecans
• ½ cup mini marshmallows, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place the marshmallows evenly on the pan and place the pan under the broiler. With the oven cracked, keep a close eye on the marshmallows, turning them with tongs every few seconds until all sides of the marshmallows are dark brown and toasted. Remove from the oven and allow the marshmallows to cool completely.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to a small plate. To another small plate, add the toasted and finely chopped pecans. Prepare two mason jars by dipping the rim of each glass in the water. Immediately dip the jars in the finely chopped pecans, turning the glass to coat the entire rim.
- Add the toasted marshmallows, milk, chocolate syrup, hot cocoa mix, vodka, crème de cocoa, and ice to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add he heavy cream and blend for an additional 20 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared mason jars. Garnish each jar with a ¼ cup of mini marshmallows.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed for the lovely folks at Diamond Nuts. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my recipes and site while I work with brands I adore.