Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies ~ #SundaySupper
Lemon cookies that have been soft baked to ooey, gooey cookie perfection. These Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies are extra rich with the addition of cream cheese and white chocolate chips.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas! Because it’s your special day, I made you the softest, chewiest, best-ever lemon cookies with toasted coconut and crunchy almonds.
I busted out all the fixin’s.
Bam, how’s that for special?
The #SundaySupper crew is here to make your day extra special with a plethora of delicious recipes. I think you should order up one of each… You know, because you can.
I also think it would be in your best interest to pair one–who am I kidding? You’ll need two–of these cookies with a boozy beverage. You have your choice of a Grapefruit Honey Mojito, a pitcher of Fruity Pineapple Sangria (my mom’s fave), or a Blackberry Lime Gin Fizz.
This recipe makes 7 large cookies or 14 regular-size cookies. I always choose the jumbo cookie scoop when I’m making cookies. I love the texture and gooey center of the larger cookie. If you want to make jumbo cookies, you’ll need to purchase this scoop. You’ll be getting your money’s worth, because this scoop also works as an ice cream scoop and cupcake batter scoop.
I loaded the batter with 2 teaspoons of lemon zest (about 2 lemons) and a 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract. The cookies bake up vibrant, bright, and citrus-y. They’re bursting with lemon flavor. I also added a handful of toasted almonds to the batter for crunch and topped each cookie with 2 teaspoons of shredded coconut. The coconut gets all toasty as the cookies bake. I love the crunch the coconut adds as you bite into the soft, gooey center.
Instead of using all butter in my cookie base, I decided to use a combination of unsalted butter and softened cream cheese. If you’ve never added cream cheese to your cookie batter, I highly recommend giving it a try. The cookies bake up super soft and gooey on the inside with a slightly crisp exterior.
As always, I like to eat my cookies straight out of the oven (SOOTO). There’s nothing better than a piping hot cookie to brighten your day. Obviously you’re not going to eat all of the cookies in one sitting (or are you?), but you can always reheat your cookies in the microwave for that just out of the oven taste when you need another cookie fix.
Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies
Lemon cookies that have been soft baked to ooey, gooey cookie perfection. They're extra rich with the addition of cream cheese and white chocolate chips.
Yield: 7 large cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room-temperature
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg, lemon zest, and both extracts to the bowl. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and give the mixture one more quick mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
- Measure out 3-tablespoons of dough (or using a large cookie scoop) at a time and roll into balls (the dough will be a little sticky). Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, spacing them 3 inches apart.
- Add 2 teaspoons of shredded coconut to the top of each ball, pressing down slightly so the coconut adheres to the dough.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Check out the other Mother’s Day #SundaySupper recipes:
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.