Pineapple Margarita ~ #SundaySupper

Jose Cuervo gets chummy with his pal pineapple and lime for a sweet and tangy pineapple margarita.

Pineapple Margarita |

It’s time to celebrate the barbecue this week. As in BBQ party. As in, flipping burgers and rolling dogs over an open flame. As in, party on the lawn, bonfires, and yard games.

Melanie of Melanie Makes and I are hosting this week’s #SundaySupper Summer BBQ Party. Slap on some sunblock and bug spray, because this party’s about to go all night.

Pineapple Margarita |

Every barbecue party deserves a signature cocktail.

Because I love ya, and we all deserve a boozy beverage (or three) from time to time, I’ve got your back. Party host, meet your new signature cocktail, the pineapple margarita. It’s fruity. It’s zesty. It’s loaded to the brim with booze.

Pineapple Margarita |

You can make this classic boozy beverage by the pitcher so your guests can help themselves. There’s no need to man the bar all day.

Grab a bag o’ limes and get to juicin’.

Pineapple Margarita |

You’ll need to juice enough limes for 1 cup of lime juice. I like my margaritas extra tangy, so I add a bit more lime juice. If you like your ritas on the sweeter side, back down on the lime juice and add a touch of simple syrup.

This particular margarita recipe doesn’t call for simple syrup. The pineapple juice sweetened the deal enough for my taste buds.

Pineapple Margarita |

All of the ingredients (except for the salt) get added to a large pitcher. Give it a good swirl and you’re ready to go. You can place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve, or you can pour over ice right away. I prefer to chill my ritas before serving.

Salt or no salt, that is the question? I prefer a saltless rim. I know, for shame. I asked this question on my Facebook page and got various responses. Some people were in shock, while others agreed to the saltless rim. If you’re going to salt your rim, I recommend a coarse salt, like kosher.

It’s your choice. This is a judgement-free rita zone.

Pineapple Margarita |

You’re going to love this sweet and tangy margarita recipe. The zesty lime juice and sweet pineapple make for one delicious boozy beverage. Served my the pitcher, this cocktail is perfect for any BBQ party or summer bash.

Pineapple Margarita

A sweet and zesty combination of lime, pineapple, tequila, and orange liquor.

Yield: 1 pitcher

1 cup tequila

1/2 cup triple sec or cointreau

1 cup lime juice

3 cups pineapple juice

1/4 cup kosher salt

Add tequila, triple sec or cointreau, lime juice, and pineapple juice to a large pitcher. Stir to combine.

Place kosher salt on a small plate. Dip the rim of your margarita glass in a shallow bowl of water and press the glass into the salt.

Fill your glass with ice and top with the pineapple margarita mixture.

Check our the other #SundaySupper Summer BBQ Party recipes:

Sides and Accompaniments

Main Dishes

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest15,206Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly

49 Responses to “Pineapple Margarita ~ #SundaySupper”

Alex — July 20, 2014 at 5:10 am

What a refreshing (and eye-catching) idea!

movita beaucoup — July 20, 2014 at 7:07 am

I’m sad to say that I don’t like pineapple. Though, after a few of these, I might change my mind…

Laura Dembowski — July 20, 2014 at 8:25 am

Love this twist on the classic margarita! I’m a no salt girl. In fact, I prefer not to have salt on pretty much any food. I know, I’m crazy ;)

Simply Gourmet — July 20, 2014 at 9:38 am

Gorgeous! Thanks for hosting this month.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — July 20, 2014 at 9:55 am

I am drooling! This is the perfect drink! It looks so refreshing too!! Love the recipe!

Alice // Hip Foodie Mom — July 20, 2014 at 10:14 am

oh my gawd, Jennie!! These margaritas look fabulous!!!! so pretty and delicious!!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — July 20, 2014 at 11:17 am

I would down so many of these by the pool! With some ribs. It’d be fantastic!

Constance Smith (@FoodieArmyWife) — July 20, 2014 at 11:19 am

Oh this is torturous!!! Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits – and it is only 10:19. Too early for margaritas! LOL

Martin D Redmond — July 20, 2014 at 11:20 am

What’s the liquid equivalent of “nom,nom,nom”? Yup..your pineapple margaritas look amazing! Thanks for sharing and hosting Jennie!

Christy — July 20, 2014 at 11:39 am

It’s 8:30 in the morning, and suddenly I’m in the mood for a margarita. Pineapple juice makes this a breakfast cocktail – right?

Tara — July 20, 2014 at 11:45 am

Yes, yes please and everyone one of your pictures are gorgeous!!!

Melanie — July 20, 2014 at 1:48 pm

What a gorgeous cocktail – love the fresh fruit spin!

Sarah — July 20, 2014 at 2:03 pm

We love pineapple here! Looks awesome

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — July 20, 2014 at 2:15 pm

This seriously sounds like the perfect summer beverage!

Kimberly Henricks-Friedhoff — July 20, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Oh my … sign me up for one of these pineapple margarita’s right now … well, okay … two!

This cocktail sound absolutely mouth-watering … and you photography has me drooling too!

Emily {Jelly Toast} — July 20, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I could not be more into this cocktail than I am right now – I love this!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — July 20, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Yes, please! Love pineapple margarita!

Marlene @Nosh My Way — July 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I just might have to make an exception for my dislike of pineapple and make this since you make it look so refreshing.

Choc Chip Uru — July 20, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I want to sit in the sun with a pitcher and just enjoy myself :D

Dionne Baldwin — July 21, 2014 at 2:12 am

The lime juice and pineapple sound like they would make an incredible margarita! I can’t wait to try this one.

Ala — July 21, 2014 at 4:01 am

Ohh, this looks insanely refreshing! It was Grade A fun chatting with you today (albeit briefly) on the Sunday Supper chat. It’s clear you’ve got your summer BBQ flavors down pat, eh? Love love love it. It’s been great to meetcha–can’t wait to keep following along with your blog, LOVE the photography, girl!

Liz — July 21, 2014 at 7:37 am

I’m a saltless girl, too! LOVE this pineapple version!!!

Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere — July 21, 2014 at 9:59 am

Such beautiful pictures! Margarita + pineapple = amazing-ness!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 22, 2014 at 12:29 am

Want, want, WANT!

Amy @ Elephant Eats — July 22, 2014 at 11:28 am

Mmm, this sounds so yummy and refreshing for summer. Being that I’m currently expecting, I’m going to have to find a way to make this virgin- it’s too good to miss!

Laura — July 22, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I normally don’t go for margaritas but I love the sound of pineapple margaritas.

Hezzi-D — July 22, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Margaritas are a favorite of mine and add in pineapple? Delicious!

Julie @ Texan New Yorker — July 23, 2014 at 2:11 pm

One of my faves! Thanks so much for co-hosting this week! :)

Alice — July 24, 2014 at 12:50 am

your photography makes me wish is was earlier in the evening so I could sit out on the deck and enjoy a mugful of this margarita!! : )

Marion@Life Tastes Good — July 24, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Yummmm! I love that this can be by the pitcher – now that’s a party!!

susan @ the wimpy vegetarian — July 30, 2014 at 11:49 am

Oh yeah! We love margaritas and love, love, love these with the pineapple! Genius!!!

Anne @ Webicurean — August 3, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I may have to break out the BBQ just so that I can serve this drink!

1. Pingback: Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog

2. Pingback: Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie | Pies and Plots

3. Pingback: Grilled Clams with Chorizo for Summer BBQ Party #SundaySupper - Noshing With The Nolands

4. Pingback: Grilled Sanma! #SundaySupper » A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen

5. Pingback: Blueberry and Raspberry Galette #SundaySupper

6. Pingback: Stone Fruit Sangria for #SundaySupper | Because I Like Chocolate

7. Pingback: Grilled Peach Crumble for your sweet tooth! #SundaySupper -

8. Pingback: S'Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups - Cupcakes & Kale Chips

9. Pingback: Mom's Classic Macaroni Salad #SundaySupper | Webicurean

10. Pingback: Grilled Lemon Pesto Shrimp Recipe | Nosh My Way

11. Pingback: Gochujang Peanut Asian-Style Pasta for #SundaySupper | Wallflour Girl

12. Pingback: Farm Stand Blackberry Cornbread Buckle | The Wimpy Vegetarian

13. Pingback: Strawberry Lemonade #SundaySupper | Basic N Delicious

14. Pingback: It's a #SundaySupper Summer BBQ Party!

15. Pingback: Mango Peanut Slaw #SundaySupper | The Texan New Yorker