Pineapple Margarita ~ #SundaySupper
Jose Cuervo gets chummy with his pal pineapple and lime for a sweet and tangy pineapple margarita.
It’s time to celebrate the barbecue this week. As in BBQ party. As in, flipping burgers and rolling dogs over an open flame. As in, party on the lawn, bonfires, and yard games.
Melanie of Melanie Makes and I are hosting this week’s #SundaySupper Summer BBQ Party. Slap on some sunblock and bug spray, because this party’s about to go all night.
Every barbecue party deserves a signature cocktail.
Because I love ya, and we all deserve a boozy beverage (or three) from time to time, I’ve got your back. Party host, meet your new signature cocktail, the pineapple margarita. It’s fruity. It’s zesty. It’s loaded to the brim with booze.
You can make this classic boozy beverage by the pitcher so your guests can help themselves. There’s no need to man the bar all day.
Grab a bag o’ limes and get to juicin’.
You’ll need to juice enough limes for 1 cup of lime juice. I like my margaritas extra tangy, so I add a bit more lime juice. If you like your ritas on the sweeter side, back down on the lime juice and add a touch of simple syrup.
This particular margarita recipe doesn’t call for simple syrup. The pineapple juice sweetened the deal enough for my taste buds.
All of the ingredients (except for the salt) get added to a large pitcher. Give it a good swirl and you’re ready to go. You can place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve, or you can pour over ice right away. I prefer to chill my ritas before serving.
Salt or no salt, that is the question? I prefer a saltless rim. I know, for shame. I asked this question on my Facebook page and got various responses. Some people were in shock, while others agreed to the saltless rim. If you’re going to salt your rim, I recommend a coarse salt, like kosher.
It’s your choice. This is a judgement-free rita zone.
You’re going to love this sweet and tangy margarita recipe. The zesty lime juice and sweet pineapple make for one delicious boozy beverage. Served my the pitcher, this cocktail is perfect for any BBQ party or summer bash.
A sweet and zesty combination of lime, pineapple, tequila, and orange liquor.
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup triple sec or cointreau
1 cup lime juice
3 cups pineapple juice
1/4 cup kosher salt
Add tequila, triple sec or cointreau, lime juice, and pineapple juice to a large pitcher. Stir to combine.
Place kosher salt on a small plate. Dip the rim of your margarita glass in a shallow bowl of water and press the glass into the salt.
Fill your glass with ice and top with the pineapple margarita mixture.
Check our the other #SundaySupper Summer BBQ Party recipes:
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.