Cookies & Cream Cookies
These soft-baked Cookies & Cream Cookies are highly addictive with a crispy exterior and soft, gooey interior loaded with crushed Oreo cookies and sweet white chocolate chips. Cookies inside of a cookie <---That!
I am in desperate need of cookies…all the cookies! Yesterday I found out that my 1-year old pitbull pup partially tore his ACL. To say I’m stressed is an understatement. I wish I could say he tore it doing a backflip, but, the truth is, it happened while he was running around the dog park with one other dog–not even a pack of dogs.
The poor guy has to rest for the next 6 weeks. His exercise has been restricted completely. No walking, running, or jumping. He goes out to use the bathroom–that’s it! Since we have two flights of stairs in our house, I’ve had to barricade the steps so he doesn’t have access. We’ve been carrying him up and down the steps when he needs to use the bathroom since the only way to our yard is through the basement.
If you guys have any extra cookies, booze, or other comforting goodies laying around, feel free to send them my way, especially the booze.
Speaking of cookies, I made you Cookies & Cream Cookies. Crushed Oreo cookies get folded into my favorite cookie batter and baked until crispy, crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. I’m a big fan of soft-baked cookies with a crispy exterior.
For good measure, I added a handful of white chocolate chips. The cookie base is extremely versatile. I used the same cookie base to make these Cherry Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookies. It took me a few years to get the recipe just right, but it was totally worth the time, effort, and cost of butter.
So, if you’re having a bad day, reach for this cookie recipe and get yo’self some much needed cookie comfort.
Cookies & Cream Cookies
Yield: 12 cookies
Total Time: 23 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room-temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or large bowl using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients in three batches, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition, until just combined. Fold in the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and white chocolate chips.
- Measure out 2-tablespoon size balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet 3-inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown, turning the pan halfway through for even browning. The center of each cookie will remain soft.
- Cool on the pans for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.