Cookies & Cream Ice Cream #SundaySupper
It’s Sunday, so you know what that means. It’s time to celebrate another #SundaySupper. This week we’re cooking with the kiddies. Now, I don’t actually have children, but I made something any child couldn’t resist. Heck, it’s something I could never resist, either. I made ice cream, y’all. Cookies & Cream ice cream! What child could resist the lure of a big ol’ bowl of ice cream filled with chunks of America’s favorite cookie, the Oreo? No child that I know.
I woke up around 11pm last night and treated myself to a small scoop of this ice cream. I’m pretty sure that my ice cream snowball fight dream triggered my sudden craving. Just knowing that there’s a treat in my kitchen waiting to be eaten causes lack of sleep.
Ice cream is one of the easiest treats to make. You make a custard, you let the custard chill in the fridge until completely cool, then you churn it. Simple and absolutely rewarding.
This ice cream was the creamiest ice cream I have ever eaten. I think it has something to do with the six egg yolks. Hey, I never claimed it to be healthy.
Enjoy cooking with the kiddies and, most of all, enjoy eating with your family around the table.
Check out what the other #SundaySupper foodies are making:
Start your day:
- Panko Encrusted French Toast Sticks ~Doggie At the Dinner Table
- Pineapple Not-Upside Down Muffins ~In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Bacon, Egg & Sausage Breakfast Cups ~Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttermilk French Toast with Homemade Cinnamon – Raisin Bread ~What Smells So Good
- Snack Attack: 3 Healthy Choices for Little Nibblers ~Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fruit Salad in an Orange Cup ~Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Whole-wheat Pretzel Dogs ~Family Spice
- Poblano Mac ‘N Cheese ~Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Chicken and Shrimp ~Super for a Steal
- Lunie and Mini-me’s Grilled Pizza ~Cravings of a Lunatic
- Hedgehog Meatballs and Chili Dog Pie ~Cooking by the Seat of our Pants
- Walking Tostada ~Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Sausage Rolls ~Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins ~In The Kitchen With KP
- Mexican Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers with Homemade Guacamole ~Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Threaded Spaghetti Hot Dog Bites ~Damn Delicious
- Golden Potato Patties ~My Trials in the Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken Wings in Sesame Flavors ~The Queen’s Notebook
- Spaghetti Tacos ~Girlichef
- Parmesan Corn on the Cob ~Home Cooking Memories
- Yum Yum Salmon and Green Beans ~Family Foodie
- Pad Thai ~Meal Planning Magic
- Chicken Tortilla Bake ~Mrs. Mama Hen
- Chocolate Slab ~Happy Baking Days
- Chocolate Chip Cut-Out Cookies ~Chocolate Moosey
- Self-Crust Coconut Pie ~Magnolia Days
- Fresh Cherry Clafoutis ~The Meltaways
- Wolf’s Wonderful Peanut Butter-Brownie Fudge Sundaes ~The Weekend Gourmet
- Healthy Creamy Caramel Apple Parfaits with Greek Yogurt ~Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops ~Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Chocolate Cheese Turnover ~Basic and Delicious
- Chocotorta Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Oatmeal and M&M Cookies ~That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Purple Blueberry Cake ~Tora’s Real Food
- Tropical Popsicles ~Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Carrot Cupcakes ~Diabetic Foodie
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs, about 8 cookies
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of heavy cream and place a mesh strainer on top.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Heat the milk, sugar, and the remaining cup of heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat just until the mixture is hot to the touch (do not boil).
- Slowly pour the heated milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Add the egg mixture back to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Pour the mixture through the strainer and stir into the cream. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in an airtight container and chill completely before churning, at least 8 hours.
- Place Oreo cookies in a ziploc bag and crush into a coarse crumb with a rolling pin.
- When the mixture is completely chilled, place it in your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is finished churning, stir in your cookie pieces with a rubber spatula. Place ice cream in an airtight container and freeze. Enjoy!
85 Comments on “Cookies & Cream Ice Cream #SundaySupper”
So, it is before 9am…is that too early for ice cream? I have not had cookies & cream ice cream in a long time. Now I am craving it. I can’t wait to see what is ahead for ice cream week.
It’s never too early for ice cream, or too late. Looks like you’re going to need to make some of this to fix that craving of yours ;)
Yum, just Yum…. Reis will love trying this recipe! I am so glad you are such a big part of #SundaySupper and look forward to your inspiration every week!
I think Reis will really enjoy this ice cream. My brothers loved it. Thank you so much for the kind words. I love having an extended foodie family.
Pingback: Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
Pingback: #SundaySupper: Tropical Ice Pops | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again
Pingback: Mexican Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers with Homemade Guacamole for Kids in the Kitchen #SundaySupper
This is an all time favorite of mine! Good luck ladies on your ice cream week posts! I will check them out!
I love that you had a snowball dream! Your ice cream like always looks amazing! Next time we go out, I’m asking you bring us back to your house for dessert!
Yes, dessert at my place. I would love that.
Pingback: Self-Crust Coconut Pie for #SundaySupper | Magnolia Days
Pingback: Poblano Mac ‘N Cheese ~ Kids in the Kitchen #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina
Pingback: Carrot Cupcakes for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie
I have a new ice cream maker, and this is going in it! (Visiting you from #SS)
Yay! I love that you’re breaking in your new ice cream maker with this flavor. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy!
Wheeee! Ice cream AND ice cream week!
P.S.-my mom’s fav flavor of ice cream was cookies and cream. she’d eat all of the cookies out of the ice cream and leave us the rest. *sigh*
You poor cookieless souls. How deflating is that. Opening up the carton just to find out there are no more cookies left. I’ll put some extra cookies in it just for you the next time I churn some up.
Go team #icecreamweek!
Freaking love this! Both kids and adults would love this!
Thanks, Chung-Ah! I’m an adult, and I totally dig cookies & cream.
Pingback: Walking Tostada for #SundaySupper
Pingback: Kids in the Kitchen for Sunday Supper
I want this. Like, right now. It looks so good. We’ve made ice cream a few times but we never play around with flavors and I believe it’s time to do that.
I love the button Jen made you and I will be visiting all of you this week! Who doesn’t love ice cream? And right now – it’s definitely needed!!
Great recipe choice!
Thank you so much, Nicole! Jen is one crafty foodie. I wish I knew how to do coding and stuff. You should totally play around with ice cream flavors. Ice cream is one of my favorite things to make; it’s so easy!
Pingback: Give a Girl a Grill #SundaySupper Edition: Lunie and Mini-me’s Grilled Pizza | Cravings of a Lunatic
First of all: I’m an Oreos fiend. I love anything with Oreos in it, and I want some of this oh-so-unhealthy creamy dreamy ice cream
Second of all: Ice cream week! I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!
Third of all: I’ve nominated you for the Addictive Blog Award.
Squeal!!! Thank you so much, Kim! You are the sweetest. Oh, you def. want to make this dream boat of a treat. I ate half the container. So bad!
Pingback: Whole Wheat Pretzel Dogs for #SundaySupperFamily Spice
Pingback: Mini Corn Dog Muffins – Kids in the Kitchen #SundaySupper
Pingback: #SundaySupper: Grilled Chicken Wings in Sesame Flavors
Pingback: Fresh Cherry Clafoutis for #SundaySupper | The Meltaways
Who can resist your ice cream? It´s awesome. Oreos even made their way down to this hemisphere, and we even have our own flavors!
Oreos? Never keep them in the house because I will inhale the entire box! Love your cookies & cream ice cream!
Thanks, Laura. I usually don’t keep them in the house, but I made a special exception for this ice cream. I ate milk & cookies at 10:30 last night. I’m so bad!
I have to admit that cookies and cream is one of my all-time-favorite ice creams! It’s like a frozen form of cookies and milk, and what kid (no matter the age!) can resist THAT?!?!? So glad to be in #SundaySupper with you, Jennie!
Thanks, Wendy! I don’t know a person that doesn’t like Cookies & Cream. It’s just un-American ;) I so love participating with all of you awesome foodies in #SundaySupper!
This is the absolute perfect pick for kids in the kitchen – at our house at least – cuz all of my kids LOVE Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream!! Looks SO good.
Thanks, Heather. Kids go gaga for Cookies & Cream. There’s just something about it.
The bad thing about buying cookies and cream ice cream is that they never give you enough Oreo pieces. Now that I can make mine at home, I definitely add more than I should ;) So excited for next week!! Yay ice cream week!
Go team #icecreamweek! The more cookie pieces, the better!
I love your pictures & how cool that you guys are having an ice cream week :-)
Thanks, CJ! I’m so stinkin’ excited about ice cream week.
Grandparents always provide some of the best food memories! Good luck with ice cream week – wish I could eat it more often.
Thanks DF! I wish you could eat ice cream more often, too. Maybe I’ll make a sugar free version.
Pingback: Parmesan Corn on the Cob #SundaySupper
Cookies & Cream was always my favorite ice cream to eat with my dad when I was little. This looks amazing!
Thanks, Brianne. I bet your little guy would love it. It was my favorite as a child, too.
With this ice cream you become my hero :D
Choc Chip Uru
I’ll save you from a burning building any day, Uru! And, I’ll treat you to some of this ice cream.
Oooh, boy, 6 yolks???? I must try this ice cream! Oreos are a staple in our pantry…my kids would go nuts for this!!! Happy #Sunday Supper!
PS…can’t wait for ice cream week!!! What a darling button :)
Thanks, Liz! I can’t wait for ice cream week. My pal Jen @juanitascocina made that darling little button. She’s so crafty. OMG, my brothers loved this treat.
This sounds like a perfect treat, Jennie! You can’t go wrong with cookies and cream!
Thanks, Jessica. You’re right, you can’t go wrong when Oreos are involved.
This looks so good. I adore cookies and cream ice cream. Let’s face it I just love ice cream. I think I have 10 flavours in my freezer right now. Only 1 is store bought. Lol. I love the sundae/milkshake dishes. I need some really bad.
Thanks, Kim. I’m doing an entire week of ice cream, so my freezer is full, too. I can see my pants expanding by the bite ;)
I can’t wait to try this homemade cookies and cream ice cream.
Just a warning, it will be your new obsession. Thanks for visiting!
Great blog post as always. I can just sit and stare at your pictures for ages! By the way I’ve nominated you for an award: http://food-fork-and-good.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/life-gets-in-way.html
Weeee! Thank you so much, Emma. You are too sweet!
omg there goes my hopes to lose weight, lol
Don’t I know it. Mine too. And, I’m hosting a full week of ice cream starting July 15th. I’m doomed!
Wow, this has to be the perfect ice cream!
This is my type of ice cream…creamy yet having something to chew on. Lovely!
i’ve been craving cookies and cream ice cream! i am totally making this very soon :)
Good thing my sister’s not reading this – she’d be demanding I make it now!
My kids love cookies and cream ice cream, but for some reason, I haven’t thought to make it. This is going on the must try list for the summer!
Cookies and cream is my favorite too, and I definitely wouldn’t be able to resist a bowl of this!
Pingback: Icecream unhealthy | Abidallo
I LOVE cookies and cream ice cream! Especially when its homemade :)
Pingback: #SundaySupper Snack Attack: 3 Healthy Choices for Little Nibblers! | Cindy's Recipes and Writings
mmmm cookies and cream is one of the best!
Congratulations to you my friend, you have just been nominated for 2 awards :D
Check them out here :)
Choc Chip Uru
Congratulations to you my friend, you have just been nominated for two awards :D
Check them out here :)
Choc Chip Uru
I love the idea of the icecream week! Cute button too. Ya’ll are so cute :)
It has been super hot the last few days and your ice cream looks so cool and yummy!!!! I’m gonna have to pull the old ice cream maker. out this weekend!!
Looks yummy to me! :)
I LOVE Cookies and Cream Ice Cream! This looks sooooo gooood! *drool*
Thanks, Kayle. I ate the entire quart. I’m not proud of it, but it’s too late to take it back now.
Pingback: Chicken Tortilla Bake | Kids in the Kitchen #Sunday Supper | 7-8-2012 | The Foodie Army Wife
Pingback: Bacon Egg and Sausage Breakfast Cups for Kids in the Kitchen | The Daily Dish Recipes
Pingback: Muffin Tin Mini Corn Dogs – Kids in the Kitchen #SundaySupper : In The Kitchen With KP
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cut-Out Cookies for #SundaySupper | Chocolate Moosey