Thirsty Thursday: Tiki Punch

This Tiki Punch is about to become your go-to summer boozy beverage. It’s sweet, fruity, and loaded with a triple dose of tropical-infused rum.

Tiki Punch Cocktail

Flip-flop weather has officially made its way to Baltimore. Is it warm in your neck of the woods? To celebrate the warmth and long awaited summer rays, I made you a big ol’ pitcher of tiki punch. This booze-infused punch is bursting with tropical flavors.

This is the kind of drink you order at a five-star resort in the Caribbean while your lounging under your own personal cabana.

Ah, I can picture the cabana boy now…

Tiki Punch Cocktail

Growing up, I was a huge fan of fruit punch, but I find that it’s a bit too sweet for my refined adult palate. After several years of fruit punch deprivation, I recently discovered a fruit punch I can get behind. After a recent trip to my local grocery store, I spotted Simply Fruit Punch on the shelf. I adore their other products, so I knew it was going to be a winner. I ravenously grabbed a bottle off the shelf, hugged it to my chest, and threw it in the cart, instantly knowing what I would make.

The fresh, fruity juice is delicious on its own, but it’s even better with the addition of tropical-flavored rum. I used a combo of pineapple, coconut, and black cherry rum in this recipe. It’s fiercely boozy!

You’ve been warned.

Tiki Punch Cocktail

This punch is great for entertaining. You can prepare a pitcher (or two) a few days ahead of your scheduled gathering and let your guests serve themselves. I’m really loving Captain Morgan’s new Pineapple Rum. It tastes just like you’re biting into a juicy pineapple fresh off the vine. It’s that good!

Tiki Punch Cocktail

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to bust out the coconut bras and grass skirts, because a party will quickly ensue directly after pouring the first round.

Tiki Punch Cocktail

This punch has quickly become a summer favorite. I have no doubt that I’ll be serving up several pitchers over the next couple of months.

Tiki Punch

Sweet, fruity, and extra boozy. This Tiki Punch recipe will have you thinking you’re on an island vacation in the Caribbean.

Yield: 1 pitcher

• 3 cups fruit punch
  • 1/2 cup black cherry rum
  • 1/2 cup coconut rum, such as Captain Morgan
  • 1/4 cup pineapple rum, such as Captain Morgan
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • juice of 1 orange
  • 1 cup lemon lime soda
  • ice for serving

1. Add all of the ingredients to a large pitcher (minus the ice). Stir to combine.
  2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
  3. Stir in the lemon lime soda directly before serving.
  4. Serve over ice. Garnish with a variety of fruit (pineapple, maraschino cherries, orange slices, etc).
All images and text ©.

Disclosure: Captain Morgan provided the rum that I used in this recipe. I was not compensated for this post and, as always, the opinions in this post are 100% my own.

15 Responses to “Thirsty Thursday: Tiki Punch”

pam (Sidewalk Shoes) — May 14, 2015 at 7:56 am

This sounds fantastic!  I would love it if you would link it up to Tipsy Tuesday at Grey is the New Black!

• Jennie replied May 14th, 2015 at 8:17 am

Thanks, Pam! I just visited your post and linked up. Love your tiki cups.

Julia — May 14, 2015 at 9:16 am

Ohhhhh girl! I need a pitcher of this cocktail ASAP! I’ve always been a uuuuuge fan of fruit punch, and by the looks of all those rums, this is looking like a partay in the cabana with the grass skirts + the cabana boy puh-lease and thank you! Le sigh…let’s go to an island.

• Jennie replied May 14th, 2015 at 9:24 am

Thanks, Julia. Girl, I’m ready when you are. Just say when.

Katalina @ Peas and Peonies — May 14, 2015 at 2:44 pm

This cocktail doesn’t only sound delicious, but its so pretty, the vibrant neon pink color completely won me!

Karen @ The Food Charlatan — May 14, 2015 at 10:06 pm

These are so cute Jennie! Love the pinwheels :)

Cali @ Cali's Cuisine — May 15, 2015 at 6:26 am

What a fun beverage! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere…

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — May 17, 2015 at 6:42 am

It’s flip flop weather here too finally! Which means I need a pedicure badly. Ha! I think getting my toes done while sipping this cocktail sounds like the perfect Sunday activity. :-). Really beautiful, Jennie!

Laura Dembowski — May 24, 2015 at 7:37 am

I didn’t know black cherry rum was a thing. Must check that out and make this punch.  So pretty!

Marty — June 8, 2015 at 4:36 pm

This drink looks DEVINE!!  What kind of fruit punch did you use?  Also, did you know Smirnoff makes pineapple vodka?  Tasty indeed!  Will have to get a bottle of the black cherry and pineapple rums!

Lisa — June 14, 2015 at 12:27 pm

This looks and sounds fabulous!! Do you think it would be as good using vodka in those same flavors?

Tia Wright — September 7, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Sounds good! But I hate all things coconut. Is there something I could substitute?

1. Pingback: 12 Tiki Drinks That Taste Like Summer | Ποδήλατο καφέ - podilato caffè- (bicicletta caffè, bicycle cafe, bisiklet kahve, bicicleta café, café vélo, قهوه دوچرخه , 自行車咖啡, бицикл кафа )..................... Λι

2. Pingback: 50+ Cocktails Perfect for Summer — BonBon Break