Summer Berry Sangria ~ #SundaySupper

This summer berry sangria is full of sweet berries, sparkling red moscato, and raspberry liquor. It’s extra vibrant and extra fruity. This refreshing boozy beverage is best served chilled and shared with family and friends.

Summer Berry Moscato Sangria

Sangria is my go-to cocktail when I’m entertaining a crowd, hosting a ladies’ night, or spending a night in with my family.

It’s a favorite for so many reasons: 1. You can make it by the pitcher, which makes it a self-serve cocktail–no tending the bar all evening, 2. The flavor combinations are endless. You can get a creative as you like, and 3. It’s refreshing, fruity, and downright delicious. More often than not, it tastes like you’re sipping punch.

Summer Berry Moscato Sangria

Gallo Family Vineyards offers a variety of white, red, and rose that is sure to make your sangria a hit with family and friends.

During the colder months, I usually stick with a sweet red blend as the base for my sangria. When the weather begins to warm up, it’s all about crisp white or a sweet, sparkling red.

Gallo Family Vineyards' Moscato Trio

My mom and I were just chatting the other day about how we can’t wait for the weather to warm up so we can sit on the deck and sip fruity sangria from big, rustic mason jars with colorful straws. For me, sangria is more than just a delicious cocktail. The fruity cocktail reminds me of time spent with my mama and grandmother while we chat about anything and everything.

Summer Berry Moscato Sangria

This week we’re celebrating Moscato Day with Gallo Family Vineyards. Since the weather is still on the nippy side, I went with their warm, fruity Red Moscato. The flavors of sweet citrus, peach, and red berries complement the sweet variety of fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.

Gallo Family Vineyards

If you’re looking for a lighter blend, try their pink or white Moscato blend. Their Pink Moscato is light, fruity, and effervescent with hints of peach and ripe berries, and their White Moscato is crisp and fruity with hints of honey and citrus notes. Honestly, all three of these blends would be great in this recipe, so it’s really up to you.

Summer Berry Moscato Sangria

I’m pretty passionate about sangria. Half of my cocktail index consists of sangria recipes: Sangrita, Black Cherry Sangria, Fruity Pineapple Sangria, and the list goes on. I’m always thinking of new flavor combinations.

This summer berry sangria is full of fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I used a combination of Framboise and blueberry vodka to give the sangria a rich depth of berry flavor. It’s the perfect balance of fruity, boozy, and sweet.

Summer Berry Moscato Sangria

Find a Gallo retailer near you with their store locator. To receive updates, follow Gallo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and You Tube. Visit Gallo’s blog post and the Cooking with Wine Pinterest board for more wine pairing suggestions and recipe inspiration.

Summer Berry Sangria

A refreshing blend of Moscato, Framboise, blueberry vodka, and fresh summer berries.

Yield: 1 large pitcher

Prep Time: 2 hours 5 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes

• 1 (750ml) bottle Red Moscato, such as Gallo Family Vineyards
  • 1/2 cup framboise
  • 1/2 cup blueberry vodka
  • 3 cups mixed summer berries, fresh or frozen
  • 2 cups club soda

1. Add berries to the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the moscato, framboise, and blueberry vodka; stir to combine.
  2. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill.
  3. Top with club soda immediately before serving. Serve over ice.
  1. If you're unable to find framboise, you can substitute Chambord or an extra 1/2 cup of blueberry vodka.
  2. I used a combination of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries for this recipe; however, any mixture of berries will work just fine.
  3. Add or decrease the club soda depending on how sweet you like your sangria.

Check out the other #SundaySupper recipes:

Cheerful Beverages:

Tempting Appetizers:

Marvelous Mains:

Delectable Desserts:

Celebrating Moscato Day on the Sunday Supper Movement Website

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.

Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest13.4kShare on Facebook77Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon22Share on Yummly82

24 Responses to “Summer Berry Sangria ~ #SundaySupper”

Renee — May 3, 2015 at 5:18 am

Absolutely gorgeous sangria!

Nichole — May 3, 2015 at 6:39 am

Oh how I love this Sangria recipe! We have so many summer shindigs planned, and I will have to make this cocktail for sure!

Tonia — May 3, 2015 at 6:41 am

I love your blog! I just came across it on Pinterest (Raspberry Moscato Sangria). Full of fun and food. I will definitely try this Summer Berry Sangria. Lately, Sangria has been my go-to cocktail. You have so many different flavors on your site. Yum! And, I will join the #SundaySupper conversation. I wish you continued success with your blog.

Liz — May 3, 2015 at 7:26 am

I love, love sangria in the summer—and your berry version looks to die for! Gorgeous!!!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — May 3, 2015 at 9:37 am

Sangria makes me think of my mom as well. Maybe I should make this to share with her next weekend!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — May 3, 2015 at 10:08 am

What a great sangria!  I love it and what beautiful photography.

Cindys Recipes and Writings — May 3, 2015 at 11:55 am

Framboise sounds perfect in this cocktail!

Marlene @Nosh My Way — May 3, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I love a good Sangria.  This one look delicious and refreshing.

Katie @ Recipe for Perfection — May 3, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Sangria is one of my favorite special occasion beverages!  I love the deep colors imparted by the berries!

Valerie Cathell Clark — May 3, 2015 at 3:17 pm

I must try the blueberry vodka! This sounds wonderful and really refreshing! I was thinking the moscato would be perfect for a sangria! Love this recipe :)

Betsy @ Desserts Required — May 3, 2015 at 7:43 pm

I LOVE how your mind works.  You have combined some of my favorite ingredients to come up with the perfect drink!

Sandy @ RE — May 4, 2015 at 6:25 am

Love a good sangria for entertaining! This would be perfect for Cinco de Mayo party! :)

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — May 4, 2015 at 6:51 am

Sangria is TOTALLY my go to as well! I was actually just telling the hubs that we need to get on making some for patio drinking this Summer..then you posted this, you mind reader you ;) Pinned!

Ashley — May 4, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Sangria is definitely my go-to drink for entertaining as well! Love this flavor – it’s so summery and pretty (and I’m sure delicious!)

Shaina — May 4, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Oooh, love the addition of framboise to this sangria. What a great and delicious idea!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — May 5, 2015 at 9:52 am

Sangria is one of my go-to drinks for entertaining, too. I actually have a 4th reason I love it – you can make it in advance, and it just gets better! I always make it at least the day before, if not 2 days before. Love this recipe. Pinned!

Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch — May 6, 2015 at 1:09 pm

So pretty! Love Sangria!

Kelley @ Chef Savvy — May 6, 2015 at 2:55 pm

This sangria sounds wonderful Perfect for summer. Can’t wait to try!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 6, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Sangria is always so gorgeous! I adore drinks filled with fresh fruit! Gorgeous photos, Jennie!

Alida — May 7, 2015 at 8:52 pm

What a beautiful, tasty drink for summer BBQs (or any time)!!!

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — May 10, 2015 at 9:14 am

You’re right…moscato just SCREAMS berries and sangria! This is one drop-dead gorgeous drink!

Carla — May 11, 2015 at 7:31 am

I love sangria too for the reasons you stated – you can serve a crowd with little effort and you can change it up for whatever fruit is in season. I could sure use a glass today with this hot weather in PA!

shannon — May 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm

in this house, sangria is always a yes. Everyone loves it, and it’s my favorite drink during the summer, for sure. And we have all the fruits here, so hey…may as well throw them in some booze, right?