Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz

Boozy blackberries, gin, and a splash of lime juice come together to create a refreshing cocktail.

Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz | www.themessybakerblog.com

What Memorial Day party would be complete without booze? Um, I’m gonna say none.

So, I boozed up some blackberries for a fresh and summery gin fizz.

Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz | www.themessybakerblog.com

Boozy berries = the best kind of berries.

I made a blackberry simple syrup by bringing 1 cup of blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water to a gentle boil. I let the mixture boil for 5 minutes and took it off the heat to cool. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to shake up your cocktails.

Viola, blackberry simple syrup.

Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz | www.themessybakerblog.com

These beauties only require 4 ingredients: blackberry simple syrup, gin, club soda, and a squeeze of fresh lime.

Add the ingredients to a fancy cocktail glass, give it a few stirs to combine the flavors, and you’re ready to enjoy.

Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz | www.themessybakerblog.com

This blackberry-lime gin fizz is perfect on a hot summer’s day. It’s refreshing, perfectly sweet, and full of bubbles.

Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz

Boozy blackberries, gin, and a splash of gin come together to create a refreshing cocktail.

Yield: 1 serving

Cocktail

1 ounce blackberry simple syrup

1 ounce gin

6 ounces club soda

splash of lime

Ice

Blackberry Simple Syrup

1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup water

For the cocktail:

Add simple syrup, gin, and a splash of lime to a glass. Add ice and top with club soda. Give the mixture a stir and garnish with a wedge of lime.

For the simple syrup:

In a small pot, add blackberries, sugar, and water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Mash the berries with a potato masher or a fork. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer the syrup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest12kShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly0

26 Responses to “Blackberry-Lime Gin Fizz”

Julia — May 22, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Yes! I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has booze on the brain. Love these, lady! Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

• Jennie replied May 22nd, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I have booze on my brain at least 3x a week :) Thank you so much. Have a great holiday!

Mariana @The Candid Kitchen — May 22, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I think I am in love with this drink!

• Jennie replied May 22nd, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Thank you, Mariana! It’s a good one.

Mary Frances — May 22, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Weekends call for fun drinks, although I just stick with the syrups and carbonated water ;) If only mines were this photogenic (and if only I had the mad photography skills you do!)

• Jennie replied May 22nd, 2014 at 4:45 pm

You are so sweet, Mary Frances! Thank you. I love a good syrup and carbonated water. It’s so refreshing.

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — May 22, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I love these!!! And you are 100% right – no Memorial Day celebration would be complete without a cold adult beverage!

I can’t wait to try these! Pinned! [Even your juiced limes look pretty – mine always look mutilated!]

• Jennie replied May 23rd, 2014 at 6:43 am

Thank you so much, Lindsey. You are a sweetie. Cheers to cocktails on Memorial Day.

Kelly — May 22, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Love this pretty and refreshing cocktail! Blackberry and lime is such a great combo and perfect for summer :)

• Jennie replied May 23rd, 2014 at 6:44 am

Thank you, Kelly!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — May 23, 2014 at 7:10 am

Guess who has 2 thumbs and LOVES blackberries and lime? This girl! Plus, it’s Friday..so a drink is a must. Love this girl! Pinned :)

• Jennie replied May 23rd, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Thanks, Taylor! You will love it!

• Choc Chip Uru replied May 24th, 2014 at 7:28 am

OMG was this a That 70s show reference? Because I LOVE that show, am addicted!! If not… ignore my crazy :P
      And Jennie, simply gorgeous gin fizz, way to give a drink a kick and colour!

Michelle { A Latte Food } — May 23, 2014 at 5:19 pm

These look perfectly refreshing! Definitely giving this recipe a go for the holiday weekend =) Thanks!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — May 23, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Hell, no evening is complete without booze! Not in my world, anyways. This drink looks so pretty and refreshing, Jennie. I love how simple it is to make and that you made your own simple syrup. I’ve had berry flavoured cocktails at restaurants and bars where it tastes like really bad cough syrup. It bet this is a thousand times better than drinks made with mass produced syrup.

Jessica @ www.caretakerskitchen.com — May 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Yay for this drink! I live in Oregon so blackberries are plentiful and gin is our go to liquor of choice for the summer. This drink is definitely happening.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 25, 2014 at 1:40 am

It’s just so pretty!! Can I have a whole pitcher?!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — May 28, 2014 at 10:40 am

I am not normally a fan of gin but this looks like something I would love.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — May 28, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Oh gin. How I missed thee while I was preggo!

Terra — June 3, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Hmmmm….yum! This is a perfect summer cocktail, so refreshing! Fabulous, Hugs, Terra

Meghan — June 5, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Boozy berries = the best berries – heck yeah! This looks like the perfect summer cocktail & I could use one right about now!

shannon — June 9, 2014 at 6:58 am

gin and fresh fruit? IN THE SUMMER?! oh i don’t know…i just don’t know if i can: wait. Please make me two. or more maybe.

Wendy Hampton — June 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Delicious! I will be able to satisfy both drinkers and non- at the campsite. Thanks for this lovely recipe!

Anda — May 29, 2015 at 12:06 am

Love anything blackberry!! So happy I found this! Thanks for sharing :) http://www.houseofandaloo.com

1. Pingback: Llega el verano y los cócteles refrescantes | Gin Platinum TV