Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Chocolate and peanut butter get swirled into warm milk and cream to create a sweet treat.

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8625

As you read this post, I’ll be on a plane flying to Charleston, South Carolina. Squirrel and I are taking a week long foodie vacation. I booked this trip in the spring as a graduation present to myself. An entire week of food…now that’s my kind of vacation!

I wanted to leave you with something sweet and warm to keep you cozy while I’m away. I combined two of my favorite snacks to create a very decadent sip-able treat. How does milk chocolate peanut butter hot chocolate sound?

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8632

This warm treat tastes just like a melted Reese’s cup. Basically, it’s a peanut butter cup in drinkable form. Say what!

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8626

This recipe makes enough hot chocolate to fill a large mug. Top with mini marshmallows to make it extra special. Extra mallows for me, please!

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8627

After one sip of this warm treat, and you’ll never go back to the powdered version. I don’t get adding water to powdered chocolate. Yeah, there’s powdered milk in the packets, but it’s just not as good as the real thing. Am I right?

I want thick, creamy moo juice!

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8629

Guys, this is so stinkin’ easy to make. Here’s how it’s done:

1. Simmer milk and cream until hot to the touch and steaming.
  2. Add in your chocolate and stir until smooth and melted.
  3. Stir in peanut butter until just melted.
  4. Pour the mixture into a big ol’ mug.
  5. Top with mini mallows and enjoy.

You’ll be sipping on sweet chocolate peanut butter perfection in no time.

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate | www.themessybakerblog.com -8637

While you’re sipping on this sweet beverage, I’ll be doing a food crawl in Charleston.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to leave you hanging while I’m gone. I have Kayle of The Cooking Actress stopping by on Tuesday to provide you lovelies with a delicious treat, and I scheduled a healthy treat for you on Thursday. When I get back, I promise to overwhelm you with photos from our trip. If you just can’t make it until I get back, feel free to stalk my trip on instagram. It’ll be like you’re traveling with me.

Now, I have to go stalk Pinterest so I can get my outfits together for Charleston. See you next week!

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Rich, creamy hot chocolate with a spoonful of peanut butter swirled in.

Yield: 1 serving

• 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup mini marshmallows

1. Bring milk and cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat (do not boil).
  2. When the milk begins to steam, add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts.
  3. Add the peanut butter and stir until just melted.
  4. Pour into a large mug. Top with mini marshmallows.
Share this post:Pin on Pinterest11.5kShare on Facebook138Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly6

26 Responses to “Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate”

movita beaucoup — October 13, 2013 at 7:58 am

Have a most wonderful, wonderful trip!!

Laura Dembowski — October 13, 2013 at 8:25 am

Have an amazing vacation! Can’t wait to read about it! This looks so yummy! I bet a few pub chips on top would be great too.

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — October 13, 2013 at 9:14 am

Simply delicious!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — October 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

I hope you enjoy every delicious morsel of your food crawl, Jen! You deserve a week of doing whatever it is you want (I LOVE that all you wanted to do was eat. This is why we’re friends). This is the only way to make hot chocolate – none of that powdered mix for me. Peanut butter cup in drinkable form = heaven!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — October 13, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Ohmahgarsh! I need this hot, sweet elixir in my life! Jennie, you always amaze me what you develop with PB and chocolate. Thanks for sharing, my friend. Pinning (of course)! P.S. Have a FAB foodie vacay! xo

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — October 13, 2013 at 2:18 pm

It’s a chilly day and I could really use a cup of this hot chocolate! Pinned!

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — October 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Enjoy your food-cation! I love adding in other flavors to hot chocolate, makes it feel more adult to me!

Tina @ Tina's Cic Corner — October 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm

This looks amazing! Who wouldn’t like a Reese’s pb cup in drinkable form. Pinned and definitely making. Have safe travels!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — October 13, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Yayyyy!! Have an amazing vacation!!!!! AND OMG THIS HOT CHOCOLATE! STOP IT! no don’t stop just pour it down my gullet!!

Julia — October 14, 2013 at 11:04 am

HOW have I never thought to put peanut butter in hot chocolate??? I looooooove it!! This is how I want all of my hot chocolates ever!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — October 15, 2013 at 12:18 am

This looks amazing, Jennie! And the photos are gorgeous!

Ruby @ The Ruby Red Apron — October 15, 2013 at 6:22 pm

A drinkable reese’s pb cup?! Sounds like a dream come true. I’ll take that spoon of peanut butter too!

mjskit — October 15, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Have a fabulous vacation! Thanks for this delicious hot chocolate!

ElleSmith — November 17, 2013 at 12:55 am

This looks absolutely scrumptious. My sister and I are gushing over your adorable MUGS! Can you please clue us in to where we might find something similar?

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc — September 7, 2014 at 8:34 pm

looks amazing! Saw this on google +

julie rawat — November 14, 2014 at 4:39 am

Full Melt chocolates are organic fair trade premier brand of medicated chocolate bars.Full Melt offers a variety of fun and delicious flavors to choose from including both plain milk and dark chocolate bars for those who want to experience the true flavor of cannabis.

elacie — November 28, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Sounds delicious tastes not all that awesome. I love the added cream and using actual chocolate chips. The end result was not enough of a peanut butter flavor and the pb didn’t fully melt into the drink, it was too clumpy for my taste. Incredible idea gone bad.

• Jennie replied November 29th, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Hi Elacie, I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t like the recipe. I’ve made this several times and have never had a problem with the peanut butter staying lumpy. Did you happen to use all-natural pb? All-natural pb has a tendency not to melt fully. You can try increasing the pb to 1 and 1/2 tablespoons for an extra boost of pb flavor, but I wouldn’t increase it anymore than that or else the mixture becomes too thick. Thanks for your feedback!

Reba — December 5, 2014 at 7:34 am

hi! whats the mug’s brand?

Lady T — January 19, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Just have to say, what be-YOO-tiful mugs!!!

1. Pingback: Friday Fun – Cupcakes & Kale Chips — Cupcakes & Kale Chips

2. Pingback: hot chocolate | Creative Entertaining

3. Pingback: Combate el frío: 14 recetas diferentes de chocolate caliente | Craft+Co. | Creatividad, inspiraciones y compras en Internet

4. Pingback: 24 Hot Drink Recipes! Perfect for a Cold Winter’s Eve! | Charory