Thirsty Thursday: Pineapple Coconut Mojito
This Pineapple Coconut Mojito is a combination of tart lime juice, sweet pineapple, and creamy coconut milk. It’s a refreshing way to keep cool this summer.
The heart wants what the heart wants, and today my heart heart wants a few of these pineapple coconut mojitos.
Can we talk about how delicious the mojito is for a moment? It’s one of my favorite boozy beverages, and it’s all thanks to the perfect balance of flavors. It has just the right amount of sweetness, citrus-y vibrance, and boozy goodness. And, as if that weren’t enough, the cocktail gets topped with bubbly club soda, which, in my opinion, is just about the best thing a gal could ask for. I’m all about the bubbles when it comes to cocktails.
While the original mojito is delicious, I decided to jazz it up a bit with a few summer-y additions: pineapple and coconut. My version has all the same components of the original version, only more tropical.
Since I can’t afford to visit the tropics this year, I can at least pretend. Here’s how it’s done: I shake up a double, throw on my swimsuit and a dab of coconut-scented sunscreen, and pull up a comfy chair next to my hibiscus plant. Boom, the tropics at home.
The only thing I’m missing is the beach, and there’s an app for that.
Pineapple Coconut Mojito
This refreshing cocktail is a combination of sweet pineapple, tart lime juice, and creamy coconut milk.
- 1/2 lime, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lite coconut milk
- 2 ounces club soda
- lime wedge
- pineapple slice
- fresh mint
- Add lime quarters and mint to the cup of a shaker. Muddle the mint and lime.
- Add the rum, pineapple juice, and coconut milk. Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Place the lid on the shaker and give the mixutre a few vigorous shakes. Pour the mixture over ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, fresh mint, and slice of pineapple.