Slow Cooker Kielbasa Soup with Kale and White Beans ~ #SundaySupper
October officially marks the start of soup season. Eating a big, steaming bowl of soup just feels right when it’s cold outside.
Don’t get me wrong, I won’t turn down a bowl of soup in the summer, but doesn’t it seem to taste better when it’s cold outside? Eh, maybe it’s just me.
This week, the #SundaySupper team is busting out their slow cookers.
This slow cooker kielbasa soup with kale and white beans is going to take you straight to flavor town. The ingredient list may appear simple, but, I promise you, this soup isn’t lacking when it comes to flavor.
It’s all about the kielbasa. I use three links of Polish kielbasa in this soup. Not only is the soup meaty and hearty, but the broth is rich and savory. The depth of flavor is all thanks to the kielbasa. So, don’t be fooled by the simple list of ingredients, because this soup packs a meaty punch.
In addition to the kielbasa, I added 5 cups of kale. The smoky flavor from the kielbasa pairs perfectly with the the bitter kale. It may look like a lot of kale at first, but once the mixture starts to get warm and heat up, the kale will wilt right into the broth.
Let’s not forget about the white beans. I used two cans of cannellini beans that I drained and rinsed before adding them to the bowl of the slow cooker. The beans add a creamy burst with every spoonful.
After everything is made and devoured, you only have one dish to clean. Really, it’s not a bad deal.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa Soup with Kale and White Beans
Slow-cooked soup made with hearty chunks of Polish kielbasa, kale, and creamy cannellini beans.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Polish kielbasa links, sliced
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your slow cooker. Stir to combine. It will appear as if there is too much kale in the bowl. As it cooks, the kale will wilt into the soup.
Cook on low for 7 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Check out the other slow cooker recipes:
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.