How To: Make Candied Nuts
Candied nuts are easy to make, perfectly sweet, and great for sprinkling on just about anything.
Today I’m going to teach you how to make sugar coated nuts. For this tutorial, I’m using pecans, but you can use any nut you like.
1. Add 1/2 cup of pecans to a sauté pan with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Over medium heat, allow the sugar to melt.
2. When the sugar begins to melt, use a wooden spoon to gently stir the nuts to coat with melted sugar.
3. Watch the pan like a hawk. The process only takes about 5 minutes, so don’t stray too far from the stove. Your nuts can take a turn for the worse in a matter of seconds.
4. Cook the nuts, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the nuts are toasty.
5. Transfer the mixture to a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Allow the nuts to cool completely.
6. Store the cooled nuts in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in your pantry. Do not store the candied nuts in the fridge.