Gluten-Free Lemonade Dip ~ #SundaySupper
The weather has been beautiful this week. The temperature has been in the 70’s with a light breeze. The sky a bright, vibrant blue dotted with big puffy marshmallow clouds. I know that this weather won’t last forever, but I’m enjoying it while it’s here.
Speaking of marshmallows, I made a gluten-free lemonade dip for this week’s Free For All #SundaySupper. We’re celebrating all things sugar-free, nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and fat-free today.
I’ve never actually made anything gluten-free, so I decided to give it a go. Honestly, I wasn’t too familiar with the term gluten-free until I did some research for this post. I found that gluten-free recipes and blogs are making an appearance all over the Internet. If you require a gluten-free diet, the Internet has you covered. There are several blogs dedicated to gluten-free recipes.
What is gluten? Good question.
Gluten is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat, barley, and rye. It contributes to the elasticity of the dough and its ability to rise and keep its shape.
A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes any food or food products containing gluten. Most people diagnosed with celiac disease follow a gluten-free regimen.
The idea for this recipe derived from the lemonade dip that my girlfriend made and brought to the ocean while we were on vacation. I was addicted after the first bite. Once she told me how easy it was to make, I knew I had to recreate it. She used the Tastefully Simple lemonade mix. I love Tastefully Simple products, but they’re not always readily available, so I decided to create my own recipe using ingredients conveniently found at your local grocery store.
One bite is all it takes to become addicted to this creamy dip. I used a combination of Crystal Light lemonade mix, lemon juice, and lemon zest to achieve a deep lemon flavor.
I like my lemonade tart, so I only added 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. If you like a sweeter dip, feel free to add an additional tablespoon.
This dip took me 5 minutes to prepare, from start to finish. It’s so simple to throw together.
Check out the other “Free for All” recipes:
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. Crystal Light lemonade mix
- 3-4 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, lemonade mix, and powdered sugar. Using a handheld mixer, whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Fold in the marshmallow fluff.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set up.
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to having you. To join, all you need to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag. Don’t forget to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.