Gluten-Free Lemonade Dip ~ #SundaySupper
The weather has been beautiful this week. The temperature has been in the 70’s with a light breeze. The sky a bright, vibrant blue dotted with big puffy marshmallow clouds. I know that this weather won’t last forever, but I’m enjoying it while it’s here.
Speaking of marshmallows, I made a gluten-free lemonade dip for this week’s Free For All #SundaySupper. We’re celebrating all things sugar-free, nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and fat-free today.
I’ve never actually made anything gluten-free, so I decided to give it a go. Honestly, I wasn’t too familiar with the term gluten-free until I did some research for this post. I found that gluten-free recipes and blogs are making an appearance all over the Internet. If you require a gluten-free diet, the Internet has you covered. There are several blogs dedicated to gluten-free recipes.
What is gluten? Good question.
Gluten is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat, barley, and rye. It contributes to the elasticity of the dough and its ability to rise and keep its shape.
A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes any food or food products containing gluten. Most people diagnosed with celiac disease follow a gluten-free regimen.
The idea for this recipe derived from the lemonade dip that my girlfriend made and brought to the ocean while we were on vacation. I was addicted after the first bite. Once she told me how easy it was to make, I knew I had to recreate it. She used the Tastefully Simple lemonade mix. I love Tastefully Simple products, but they’re not always readily available, so I decided to create my own recipe using ingredients conveniently found at your local grocery store.
One bite is all it takes to become addicted to this creamy dip. I used a combination of Crystal Light lemonade mix, lemon juice, and lemon zest to achieve a deep lemon flavor.
I like my lemonade tart, so I only added 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. If you like a sweeter dip, feel free to add an additional tablespoon.
This dip took me 5 minutes to prepare, from start to finish. It’s so simple to throw together.
Check out the other “Free for All” recipes:
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. Crystal Light lemonade mix
- 3-4 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, lemonade mix, and powdered sugar. Using a handheld mixer, whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Fold in the marshmallow fluff.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set up.
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to having you. To join, all you need to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag. Don’t forget to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
57 Comments on “Gluten-Free Lemonade Dip ~ #SundaySupper”
This dip screams summer to me my friend, simply gorgeous :D
That’s so nice that you guys did a gluten free week for sunday supper! I’m trying to learn more about it/bake more GF things, but it’s not always easy to do. This looks FABULOUS: i mean, it’s lemon DIP. so now i don’t have to embarass myself by just indiscrimiately dipping things in lemon curd anymore and pretending like THAT is “dip”. This feels much more appropriate.
Pingback: Farro and Fruit Salad Recipe | Magnolia Days
Pingback: Enoki Mushrooms & Pine Nut Quinoa #SundaySupper — Family Foodie
You had me at lemon. :D
I can see a whole lot of fruit trays getting even better with the addition of this fabulous dip! How perfect for summer too.
OMG this is SO incredibly easy and SO incredibly summery!
Pingback: #SundaySupper: Nothing Missing Manicotti
Pingback: Fattoush Salad #SundaySupper | From the Bookshelf
Pingback: Gluten Free Lemon Almond Vanilla Ghriba | MarocMama
This is a great dip for a picnic! Very summery
That would be excellent for a get together with our friends. I am so into lemon flavors these days.
Pingback: Vegan Chocolate Loaf for a Free For All #SundaySupper | gotta get baked
Pingback: Homemade Mango Jam Recipe | Masala Herb
You had me at lemon. This is my kind of dip!
Fabulous looking dip! I love the idea of dipping berries in it!
Looks fabulous! My kids will love this!
Pingback: Creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper | Webicurean
This looks like the perfect, lemony treat! Thank you so much for sharing :)
Pingback: Gluten Free Pizza with a Rice Base #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic
Pingback: #GlutenFree Chickpea Fritters for #SundaySupper - Lovely Pantry | Lovely Pantry
Pingback: Grain Free Almond Sesame Crackers
Lovely ! So light & refreshing ! My kids would love this. Pinning so I can make it. Perfect for the summer ! Lovely pics Jen !
Marshmallow fluff, lemons and cream cheese… oh yum!!! What a great recipe, and thanks for such a fun and educational post!
I could sit with a spoon and eat this all by myself…I adore lemon!!
The tarter, the better! I love this lemonade dip and can’t wait to make it. I may even stir in some fresh strawberries or raspberries.
LEMONADE dip?? Oh my, yes please!
What a great idea! Love the dip and it’s perfect for fruit and cookie dipping!!
Yum-m-my! I may be using your cheery, lemony dip in between cookies =) Thank you for the recipe, Jennie.
Pingback: Balsamic Portobello Burgers
What a refreshing dip for summer! Love it!
Pingback: Black Bean and Mango Salad
Oh my! Small one would go bananas for this!
Oh this looks like a great idea for summer parties!Love the lemonade flavor and I’m sure my kids will go crazy for it :)
This dip is perfect for summer and fruit dipping! Looks fabulous.
Perfect lemony fruit dip for summer, girl! Thanks for sharing! xo
Whoa! That dip looks fab- and I’m in love with that cute bowl :)
Lemonade dip?! This is fantastic!
I don’t worry about gluten but who cares when the dip looks so delicious!
What a fun refreshing dip, so perfect for a pool party on a warm day! I need to start working with marshmallow fluff, it sounds like such a fun addition to almost anything:-) I wish it was 70 too, we finally hit 90 with fun humidity….ahhhh, summer in the south:-) Hugs, Terra
Oh my goodness my marshmallow fluff obsessed sister-in-law needs to see this recipe. Looks amazing.
Fruit dips are great for summer, Jennie thanks for sharing!
Your photos are gorgeous, Jennie! And I want to eat this dip with a spoon. None of that pesky healthy fruit needed ;)
Pingback: Individual Chocolate Pavlovas #SundaySupper | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Pingback: Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream - Dairy Free, Nut Free, Soy Free & Egg Free | Daily Dish Recipes
Pingback: When Life Hands You Lemons, Whip Up Some Lemon Dessert Recipes!
Pingback: Mindy's #GlutenFree Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Free For All #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina
Wow, so I’ve read a couple recipes on this blog, and I think you found one more person to join the messy kitchen!
Hi! Thank you so much for visiting. I’m so happy to hear that you like what you see. There’s always room in this messy kitchen.
Pingback: Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdoodles | Pies and Plots
Pingback: Pink Lemonade No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits | Cravings of a Lunatic
Pingback: Pink Lemonade Miniature Ice Cream Sandwiches | Cravings of a Lunatic
Pingback: Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato - Growing Up Gabel
Pingback: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour #SundaySupper - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
No doubt a great dip for salad. I really like the presentation. Good work.