Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins
These Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins are a cross between a donut and a muffin. They’re easily made in a muffin tin but have the soft, fluffy texture of a donut.
I’ve been MIA for the past week, and I’m so very sorry. My grandfather had surgery last Tuesday, so I traveled to Cow Country to take care of him. I waited on him hand and foot, because I’m his favorite granddaughter (I’m his only granddaughter), and that’s what favorite granddaughters’ do to make their grandfathers feel better.
I made a ton of food while I was in Cow Country. I made this Country Tomato and Bacon Pie by The Country Cook. It was Amazing! My grandmother adored this pie, so much that she couldn’t stop talking about it. She even ate it for breakfast one morning. I also perfected pizza dough over the weekend. Don’t worry, I’ll share the love later on this week. Last, but certainly not least, I made Nutella Donut Muffins for my very first #MuffinMonday.
These Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins put a smile on my grandfather’s face. He loved them! He loved them so much that he ate three of them in one sitting. Trooper, right? His exact words as he reached for his third muffin were, “Well, it’s not like I get these often, so I’m eating another one.” Go ahead, Pop-pop! I was secretly cheering him on from the sidelines.
I don’t know about you, but Monday is not my favorite day of the week. Monday means it’s the end of the weekend. No more Sunday fun day. No more sleeping in. No more baking all weekend. No more footloose and fancy free. No more late night cocktail hours. It’s back to all work and no play.
Oh, Monday, how I dread your arrival. These Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins are guaranteed to brighten your Monday.
It’s a donut. It’s a muffin. It’s a donut muffin, and it’s one of the best muffins I have ever eaten. The texture is moist and cake-like, and a dollop of Nutella gets plopped in the middle, creating a fudgy center. You’ll forget all about Monday and the upcoming work week when you sink your teeth into one of these delicious muffins.
Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins
Yield: 10-12 muffins
Total Time: 22 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups, plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Add in the vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Fill each mini muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Add a dollop of nutella to each muffin and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire rack before serving.