Shrimp Burritos with Mango Salsa
When you stuff a flour tortilla with buttery sautéed shrimp, fresh mango salsa, and all the burrito fixings, you know it’s going to be a good day.
Well, it’s officially summer. I know this because it feels like a hot fart outside, and the beetles are flying around like little fighter jets. Every time Sully and I are cruisin’ the neighborhood, we’re immediately attacked. I realize they’re harmless, but I’m over it. If you’re not careful to keep your mouth closed, you risk swallowing a beetle. One yawn is all it takes. I learned that the hard way.
The heat is causing extreme laziness on my part. All I really want to do is sit outside on my deck with a good book and a cold drink. The last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove for hours on end.
If you make these Shrimp Burritos with Mango Salsa, you’ll spend exactly 20 minutes at the stove, as long as it takes for the rice to cook. If you use a rice cooker, then you’ll spend 10 minutes at the stove, as long as it takes for the shrimp to cook. Either way, this recipe comes together quickly and easily–just the way I like it.
The only real work involved is peeling and cooking the shrimp and preparing the mango salsa, which takes about 10 minutes total.
I know most burritos include some type of bean, but I decided to swap the typical black/pinto beans for Sabra’s new Taco Hummus. The spicy, smokey, creamy hummus adds a bold kick of flavor to the burritos. All you have to do is open the container and a generous layer to the flour tortilla before topping with the remaining ingredients.
To complement the fresh mango salsa, I used Sabra’s new Veggie Fusions Mango Lime Guacamole. Their guacamole is super fresh. I buy it in bulk and keep it in the fridge for snacking and adding to various summer recipes.
I’m all about big flavor with little effort. It’s what summer is all about.
Shrimp Burritos with Mango Salsa
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup Sabra Taco Hummus
- 1/4 cup Sabra Mango Lime Guacamole
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- To make the mango salsa, add diced mango, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- To make the shrimp, heat butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle with taco seasoning and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble the burritos, spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on one half of the flour tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of white rice, 2 tablespoons of mango salsa, 1/4 cup shrimp, 1-2 tablespoons guacamole, and 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Fold the sides of the flour tortilla in and roll to form a burrito. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed for the lovely folks at Sabra. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my recipes and site while I work with brands I adore.