Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Bites

When entertaining brings you down, reach for these Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Bites to lift you up. These bite-sized appetizers come together in 10 short minutes but taste like it took you all day.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups

I’m not sure about you, but I prefer to enjoy the party I’m hosting rather than fussing over food. I love spending time in the kitchen but not when my house is busting at the seams with family and friends. I prefer to spend my time mingling with a cocktail glass in one hand and snack plate in the other.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups

In order to keep my sanity intact during the holiday season, I always choose recipes that come together easily and require little effort on my part. I like make-ahead recipes that I can pull out the day of the party and throw-together appetizers like these Cranberry, Brie, & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups. This recipe calls for four simple ingredients and 10 short minutes to prepare them.

I hate to admit that I cheated, but I kind of did with this recipe. I snagged a box of prepared phyllo cups from the freezer section and filled them with buttery brie and store-bought cranberry sauce. To add a bit of crunch, I added a sprinkle of toasted pistachios.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups

No cooking, baking, or heavy manual labor required. If that doesn’t get you excited, I don’t know what will.

I like to fake out my guests by serving up simple food on fancy serving piecing. It will impress the pants off your guests and have them feeling extra generous since it will appear as if you put forth an extreme amount of effort to make everything look festive.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups

I used the help from Restaurantware to fancy up my holiday table this year. I’m currently loving the wooden board in the photo above. It’s a classic piece that will never go out of style and perfect for any occasion. Since wine always makes an appearance at my holiday parties, I like to serve it in something a bit more decorative than the wine bottle, so I went with a sturdy glass carafe. For a decorative touch, I couldn’t resist adding a few vibrant handfuls of fresh cranberries to the cute little fry basket. Your guests will be complimenting your table attire the entire length of the party.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Cups

If you’re looking for a few more quick holiday appetizer recipes, try this Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Crostini, Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Mini Polenta Pizza Bites.

Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Bites

Crunchy phyllo cups get filled with ultra buttery Brie, sweet cranberry sauce and toasted pistachios. This appetizer recipe is perfect for entertaining and only takes 10 minutes to put together.

Yield: 15 servings

• 15 mini phyllo shells
  • 4 ounces Brie
  • 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce (storebought or homemade)
  • 3 tablespoons toasted pistachios, roughly chopped

1. Fill each mini shell with a small wedge of Brie.
  2. Top each piece of Brie with 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
  3. Sprinkle each shell with the toasted pistachios. Serve.

Disclosure: This recipe was developed for the folks at Restaurantware. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my recipes and site while I work with brands I adore.

15 Responses to “Cranberry, Brie & Toasted Pistachio Phyllo Bites”

Sammie — December 15, 2015 at 7:15 am

We have phyllo pastry here in England but not the cups. That said a bit of pre Christmas baking and making the cases, stashing in the freezer is totally do-able. I adore the combination of Brie and cranberry and I too never want to be stuck in the kitchen when I have guests round. Thank you for a fab idea. Sammie

Lisa @ Wine & Glue — December 15, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Great minds, friend!  I totally made something almost exactly the same recently :)  And I am LOVING that board!  Off to check out Restaurantware!

sue|theviewfromgreatisland — December 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm

I’m not sure what gets me more excited about this post, your delicious phyllo bites or that gorgeous serving board!!

Allie | Baking a Moment — December 15, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Such a great party app, and I love the shortcuts!  Plus cranberry + pistachio is a flavor combo that can’t be beat, especially at this time of year!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — December 15, 2015 at 10:07 pm

I love easy for party appetizers. These look perfect!

Ashley — December 16, 2015 at 1:18 pm

That wooden board is definitely fantastic! So pretty! And I love how easy these bites are – simple dishes are all I can manage right now!!

Karen @ The Food Charlatan — December 16, 2015 at 1:51 pm

MAKE AHEAD! It’s the only way to go for party appetizers, I’m with you. I love your styling for these photos Jennie! Love the wooden slab thingie whatever you call it! So pretty!

Carla — December 17, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Love how simple these bites are! And you’re right – as long as the tablescape looks fancy, your guests don’t have to know ;)

Courtney @ NeighborFood — December 22, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Goodness knows I can use a good cheater recipe this time of year! This is all my favorite things and it looks dangerously poppable. I hope that 10 is a serving size. :)

Anita at Hungry Couple — December 22, 2015 at 7:06 pm

These mini apps are dangerous because I could easily eat them all!

Susan — December 29, 2015 at 12:51 pm

When it looks as good as this, it’s totally okay to cheat once in awhile.  Plus brie, cranberry and phyllo – I’d eat them right up!

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — January 2, 2016 at 11:47 am

What a pretty and elegant appetizer for entertaining!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — January 15, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Those little phyllo cups are one of my favorite tricks for easy entertaining. And I’m a firm believer in easy snacks with a beautiful presentation. You’ve nailed it!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — January 16, 2016 at 10:51 am

My favorite baked brie recipe involves cranberries. I love that this is similar but so much easier (and cuter!)

I have my eye on that big round slab, too. It’s so gorgeous!

lauren — April 9, 2017 at 11:43 am

I work for the Fillo Factory, on their website, etc and I can honestly say phyllo cups are a favorite of mine! I’m always looking for new and fun stuff to do with them. Jennie if you ever run out of ideas for what to put into cups, I’ve been working on my recipe blog, All Things Fillo. Maybe we can collaborate some day.
    -l