Summer Melon Sangria

Ripe cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon mingle with crisp white wine and fruity Alize Red Passion Liqueur in this summer-inspired sangria.

Summer Melon Sangria

As you all know, I’m a sucker for a good pitcher of sangria. It’s almost always my cocktail of choice when I’m serving a crowd. This Summer Melon Sangria was the ultimate crowd pleaser at my last gathering. The ladies had nothing but good things to say about this recipe. By the end of the night, not a drop remained in the pitcher and all the fruit had been devoured, because boozy fruit is the best kind of fruit.

Summer Melon Sangria

I like to make this recipe a day ahead of my scheduled gathering to allow the triple dose of melon to soak up and flavor the wine. If your guests are anything like my friends and family, they’ll suck down the drink just to get to the fruit, or else they’ll get impatient and start spearing it with their straws.

Summer Melon Sangria

I chose a crisp, semi-sweet Pinot Grigio for this sangria that I paired with Alize Red Passion Liqueur to give the sangria a boost of tropical flair. Just because you’re not at the beach doesn’t mean you can’t pretend, right?

Summer Melon Sangria

Alize Red Passion is a blend of premium French vodka, exotic passion fruit, and tart cranberry juice. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart and tastes like a tropical party in your mouth. Its vivid red color makes for one gorgeous pitcher of sangria.

Summer Melon Sangria

The color of this sangria reminds me of a summer sunset with its stunning shade of jewel orange and bright flecks of fruity melon.

Summer Melon Sangria

This sangria is semi-sweet with a burst of tropical flavor from the chunks of sweet, ripe melon.

Summer Melon Sangria

Visit Alize on Facebook for more recipe inspiration.

Summer Melon Sangria

Yield: 8 servings

Total Time: 12 hours

Prep Time: 12 hours

• 1 cup watermelon chunks
  • 1 cup cantaloupe chunks
  • 1 cup honeydew melon chunks
  • 1 (750ml) bottle semi-sweet white wine
  • 1 cup Alize Red Passion Liqueur
  • 2 cups lemon-lime soda

1. Add the first five ingredients to a large pitcher; stir to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
  2. Stir in the lemon-lime soda right before serving.
All images and text ©.

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Alize Passion. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting my site as I work with brands I adore.

12 Responses to “Summer Melon Sangria”

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — August 11, 2015 at 10:00 am

GIRL! Couldn’t agree more. Sangria is the way to go for hosting a party. And boozy fruit – really is there any other way to consume fruit?

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — August 11, 2015 at 10:12 am

Gorgeous! This sangria has the beautiful shades of summer! Love it!

Medha @ Whisk & Shout — August 11, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Stunning!  I love your cute straws, too :)

Julia — August 11, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I have yet to eat a cantaloupe this summer and they have been looking very enticing at the store! Love this melon sangria! It looks suuuuper refreshing (and addicting!)!!

Ashley — August 11, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Boozy fruit in sangria is the best! Sangria is definitely my drink of choice (other than wine!). This looks fantastic – and the color!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — August 11, 2015 at 10:33 pm

BEAUTIFUL photography on this recipe, Jennie! I’m in awe, just staring at your bright, beautiful photos. I’ve never tried Alize before, but I dig a great glass of sangria, and this one looks like it fits the bill! Lovely!

nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — August 12, 2015 at 11:07 am

THIS is what summer looks like! Gorgeous!

Amy @Very Culinary — August 13, 2015 at 9:50 am

Wow. This looks incredibly refreshing. And all of a sudden, I’m very thirsty!

Courtney O'Dell — August 13, 2015 at 10:55 am

This is almost too gorgeous to drink! Looks like the perfect summer sangria!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — August 14, 2015 at 12:32 pm

This is one of the most useful posts I’ve seen all summer.  I LOVE sangria.  And we are constantly looking for new liqueurs to add to our bar.  Now I’ve gotta find this one!

Laura Dembowski — August 15, 2015 at 8:36 am

I loved working with Alize – it’s my new go to for cocktails. This looks and sounds great. I never would have thought to make it a day ahead of time.

Susan — August 16, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Absolutely stunning! I love these photos Jennie! Melon sangria sounds awesome and I’m all about the fruit at the bottom, it’s the best part! I haven’t tried Alize before but it sounds like it really gives the sangria an added flavor boost.