Dirty Chai Tea Latte

Chai tea gets down and dirty with a shot of espresso to create this Dirty Chai Tea Latte. It’s delicious served over ice or hot.

Dirty Chai Tea Latte {Espresso + Chai Tea}

I think I’ve confessed my love for all things coffee in the past, but I have a major need to do it again. Me and coffee are like this… Wait, you can’t actually see me making the universal symbol for close.

Oy!

Dirty Chai Tea Latte {Espresso + Chai Tea}

We’re attached at the hip.

Thick as thieves.

Tighter than a pair of Spandex leggings.

Honestly, words can’t describe my love of coffee. However, if you ever decide to swing by for a visit, I’ll show you just how close we are by introducing you to my coffee station.

Dirty Chai Tea Latte {Espresso + Chai Tea}

Yah, I have a coffee station. It’s equipped with several pieces of coffee-making paraphernalia–five to be exact. My newest addition is the iCoffee Opus Single Serve Brewer. I’ve never been a fan of single serve coffee makers in the past, but this one is different.

The iCoffee brews a bold cup of coffee in less than a minute. I was so excited when I brewed my first cup and it came out piping hot and extra strong. Weak coffee and I do not get along.

The great thing about the iCoffee Opus Brewer is that you dial up or down depending how strong or weak you like your coffee. I tend to dial down for a stronger brew, but that’s just me.

Dirty Chai Tea Latte {Espresso + Chai Tea}

Let’s talk about this Dirty Chai Tea Latte. Christina from Dessert for Two introduced me to the dirty chai tea in her Espresso Granita post. I remember thinking, “Wha? Dirty chai? That’s a real thing?” Of course, the same day, I immediately scuttled off to Starbucks to get with times and try the mashup up flavors.

It was love at first sip, and I immediately planned to replicate the delicious beverage at home, every. single. day.

I put together a short video demonstrating how the iCoffee Single Serve Brewer works and described a few of my favorite features. Check it out:

Dirty Chai Tea Latte {Espresso + Chai Tea}

This dirty chai tea latte is the best of both worlds. You get the warm, spicy flavors from the chai tea and boost of caffeine from the shot of espresso. I prefer to serve mine over ice in the summer, but it’s just as delicious hot with a dollop of whipped cream.

Dirty Chai Tea Latte

Spicy chai tea and bold espresso come together to create a delicious beverage. Serve it over ice or hot with a dollop of whipped cream.

Yield: 1 serving

• 1 ounce espresso
  • 4 ounces chai tea concentrate (such as Tazo)
  • 2 and 1/2 ounces milk (dairy or non-dairy)

Combine all indredients in a large cup; stir to combine. Add ice.

All images and text ©.

For more about the iCoffee Single Serve Brewer, follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by iCoffee. All opinions are 100 percent my own. Thank you for supporting my site while I work with brands I love.

15 Responses to “Dirty Chai Tea Latte”

Carla — June 30, 2015 at 9:39 am

I have been craving chai lately, which is so random because I couldn’t even tell you the last time I drank chai. Never heard of combining it with coffee, which I cannot live without. I really need to try this to get both of my fixes in!

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:34 am

I crave chai tea daily. I think it has something to do with the warm, spicy flavors that make up the sweet blend. I’m with you, there’s no living without coffee.

Medha @ Whisk & Shout — June 30, 2015 at 12:53 pm

My friend recently told me about dirty chai and I’ve wanted to try it every since! Looks awesome :)

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:35 am

Yes, do it! It’s so good.

Anne-Marie @ This Mama Cooks! — June 30, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Like you, we’ve tried several of the single brewers and they’re “just OK.” I’m really impressed with the iCoffee though. I like how you can adjust the amount brewed, the strength, and best of all the reusable K-cup so you can use your fave ground coffee beans! I’m putting this one on my Wayfair wish list!

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:36 am

Anne-Marie, you won’t regret the purchase! I’ve been using the reusable k-cup with my favorite blend of coffee from a local roaster. I love it! Thanks for stopping by.

TidyMom — July 1, 2015 at 10:44 am

the best of both worlds is RIGHT!!  I need to check out the iCoffee!

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:36 am

Thanks, Cheryl!

Julia — July 1, 2015 at 11:25 am

I share all  your coffee sentiments, and I have a coffee station, too! Complete with both the iCoffee single-serve brewer and the iCoffee legit coffee pot. Seriously amazing coffee those things brew!  I’ve always loved myself a good chai and this idea of coffee + chai is just brilliant!  Love the video, dear!

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:37 am

I’m so happy to hear that I’m not alone on the coffee station front. I’m hardcore obsessed. Thanks! It was my very first video.

Ashley — July 1, 2015 at 1:44 pm

I have ALWAYS wanted a coffee station!!! It’s my dream haha This latte sounds awesomeeee.

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:38 am

Ashley, totally hook yourself up with a coffee station. I just dedicated a small portion of my counter to coffee. Best. Decision. Ever.

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 1, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I totally have an coffee station, too (including an iCoffee!) and it’s my pride and joy :) I have also just recently heard about the dirty chai, but haven’t tried it yet. I need to get with the times and try this recipe!

• Jennie replied July 2nd, 2015 at 8:39 am

It’s rough living under a rock, Lori. I’m always the last to hear about new trends. I really need to get more. Yes, I love this machine. So glad to hear you’re an iCoffee fan too!

Gina | Running to the Kitchen — July 5, 2015 at 9:16 pm

I’m not a huge fan of chai, but I’ve had dirty chai once and was shocked at how much I liked it. Espresso ftw! Love this iced version for summer!