Thirsty Thursday: Pineapple Coconut Mojito
This Pineapple Coconut Mojito is a combination of tart lime juice, sweet pineapple, and creamy coconut milk. It’s a refreshing way to keep cool this summer.
The heart wants what the heart wants, and today my heart heart wants a few of these pineapple coconut mojitos.
Can we talk about how delicious the mojito is for a moment? It’s one of my favorite boozy beverages, and it’s all thanks to the perfect balance of flavors. It has just the right amount of sweetness, citrus-y vibrance, and boozy goodness. And, as if that weren’t enough, the cocktail gets topped with bubbly club soda, which, in my opinion, is just about the best thing a gal could ask for. I’m all about the bubbles when it comes to cocktails.
While the original mojito is delicious, I decided to jazz it up a bit with a few summer-y additions: pineapple and coconut. My version has all the same components of the original version, only more tropical.
Since I can’t afford to visit the tropics this year, I can at least pretend. Here’s how it’s done: I shake up a double, throw on my swimsuit and a dab of coconut-scented sunscreen, and pull up a comfy chair next to my hibiscus plant. Boom, the tropics at home.
The only thing I’m missing is the beach, and there’s an app for that.
Pineapple Coconut Mojito
Yield: 1 mojito
Total Time: 3 minutes
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 lime, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lite coconut milk
- 2 ounces club soda
- lime wedge
- pineapple slice
- fresh mint
- Add lime quarters and mint to the cup of a shaker. Muddle the mint and lime.
- Add the rum, pineapple juice, and coconut milk. Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Place the lid on the shaker and give the mixutre a few vigorous shakes. Pour the mixture over ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, fresh mint, and slice of pineapple.