Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

Sweet chocolate cherry truffles made with boxed brownie mix, cherry pie filling, and dark chocolate.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

Truth: Valentine’s Day is all about the chocolate.

Okay, so maybe it has a little to do with romance and love, but I’m betting you’re more interested in the chocolate.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

Or is it jewelry?

Ladies?

I’m hoping you’re more interested in the chocolate, because I made you chocolate covered cherry brownie truffles. It’s a truffle. It’s a brownie. It’s both!

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

You won’t believe how easy these truffles are to make. Confession: I used the help of boxed brownie mix and canned cherry pie filling.

Sometimes life calls for a bit of cheating.

The brownies come together in one bowl. You don’t even need a mixer; a simple rubber spatula will work just fine. You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make the brownies: 1 box of brownie mix, 1 cup of cherry pie filling, 1 egg, and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Throw it all in a bowl and stir until combined. Bake for 25-28 minutes. Easy, right?

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

After the brownies cool completely, use a fork to break up and fluff the mixture. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Dip the balls in melted chocolate and add some festive sprinkles. Viola, truffles.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

Try your darndest not to eat all of the truffles before gifting them to your sweetie. This task requires great strength and a ton of willpower, both of which I don’t have, which is why Squirrel only ended up with 5 truffles.

It’s the thought that counts.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles

These truffles are for the ultimate chocolate lover. They’re rich, extra chocolate-y, and extremely decadent. The soft brownie mixture is dipped in velvety smooth dark chocolate for an extra boost of chocolate. The hard outer shell cracks open to a gooey center full of red cherries. They’ll cause your heart to race in excitement.

Head on over to Food Fanatic to grab this Chocolate Cherry Truffles recipe.

Baking tools I used for this recipe:

• Square baking pan
• Cookie scoop
• Whisk
• Rubber Spatula
• Mixing bowl

If you love this recipe, then you’ll love these:

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Black Cherry Cuba Libre Cocktail {aka Adult Cherry Coke}

Black Cherry Cuba Libre

21 Responses to “Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Truffles”

Nazia @ Your Sunny Side Up — February 10, 2015 at 6:04 am

A brownie AND a truffle?! Yes please! They look gorgeous :)

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:15 am

Thanks, Nazia!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — February 10, 2015 at 8:30 am

Well, as I single gal it’s just me and a bunch of chocolate this year. So yeah. I’m in it for the chocolate! Love love love these truffles. And the best part is that I don’t have to share them! XO

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:16 am

I’m kind of jealous that your date is chocolate this year. It sounds delightful. Sharing is for the birds. I prefer to be stingy and hide my chocolate

Amy @ Fearless Homemaker — February 10, 2015 at 10:04 am

Oh, I love that these take some shortcuts! Sometimes, life is too busy to do everything 100% from scratch, you know? They look and sound SO delicious – a perfect little treat!

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:17 am

I’m all about shortcuts. Thanks so much, Amy!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — February 10, 2015 at 10:25 am

These are just so darn cute! I just want to eat them all!

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:17 am

Feel free, Jocelyn. This is a judgement free zone.

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — February 10, 2015 at 11:57 am

I’m in love with these beauties, so tasty looking! :)

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:17 am

Thanks, Gerry!

Amy @ Elephant Eats — February 10, 2015 at 1:54 pm

LOVING the ease and convenience of this ingredient list! Not to mention it combines chocolate and cherry, which is one of my fave flavor combos :) These look awesome.

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:17 am

Thanks, Amy!

Agness — February 11, 2015 at 5:24 am

One of my favourite recipes I’ve found today! Real yum and I love your presentation!!

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:18 am

Thank you so much, Agness!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — February 11, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Guuuuuuuuuhhhhh…. You’ve rendered me speechless! These are so fabulous, Jennie. Screw Valentines, hand me the chocolates! I don’t even pretend to have an ounce of will power or strength so these wouldn’t last long around me. I love how easy these are to make. Beautiful photos too, my friend. The styling is gorgeous!

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:19 am

I’m all about trading in V-Day for a boat load of chocolate goodies. Thank you so much, Nancy!

shannon — February 12, 2015 at 5:19 pm

i’m a little bit embarrassed to say that i saw the words “boxed brownie” and “cherry pie filling” and then drool just sort of came out of my mouth? so…

• Jennie replied February 17th, 2015 at 8:19 am

I don’t often pick up a box of pre-packaged brownie mix, but when I do…

Gina L. — February 19, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I’m making these tomorrow, so stay tuned for my opinion. My kids are excited. Either way, thanks for this crafty creation.

Alexandra @ Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker — February 19, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Ooooh these sound so good! Love the addition of the cherry pie filling – such an awesome idea. And fact: chocolate is just as important as jewelry (I think haha) ;)

Thalia @ butter and brioche — February 19, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Chocolate and cherry can do no wrong.. these brownie truffles look divine! And moorishly addictive too.