Tropical Lassi

This fruity tropical lassi is thick, sweet, and absolutely delicious. Since it’s packed full of Vitamin C, it will help ward off those pesky winter colds going around.

Tropical Lassi

‘Tis the season for colds, the flu, and stomach viruses. The flu has been making it’s rounds. It started with my mom, and it’s currently attacking my little brother. Needless to say, I’ve been keeping a safe distant from my parents’ infected house.

I want no parts of it. Who’s going to make the food if I can’t? Squirrel?

I just laughed out loud.

Tropical Lassi

In order to ward off the merciless flu virus that has been taking the country by surprise, I’ve been eating a lot of citrus and sipping on daily smoothies that have been packed to the brim with Vitamin-C and immune-boosting antioxidants.

Every Florida Grapefruit contains at least 100 percent of your daily recommended amount of Vitamin C, a nutrient that supports a healthy immune system. Not only is Florida Grapefruit rich in vitamin C, but it’s also rich in vitamin A, potassium, and fiber. Right now, Florida Grapefruit is at its sweetest and juiciest.

Tropical Lassi

I love the mango lassi from my local Indian restaurant, so much that I usually crave it on a weekly basis. It’s sweet, tangy, and filling. I decided to get creative and added pineapple chunks and a large grapefruit (peeled, of course) to the blender with the mango and Greek yogurt. I also added a touch of honey for sweetness.

This tropical lassi blends up sweet, tangy, and thick.

Tropical Lassi

Sip on one of these daily to help fight the winter blues.

Tropical Lassi

A classic lassi with a tropical twist. It’s full of sweet mango, juicy pineapple, and bright Florida grapefruit.

Yield: 1 (10 ounce) glass

• 1 Florida grapefruit, peeled
  • 1 small mango, seeded and peeled
  • 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 5 cubes of ice

1. Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a high-powered blender. Pulse until smooth.

If you make any of my recipes, I want to know! Snap a photo and use the hashtag #MessyBakerBlog and tag me @themessybaker on instagram.

All images and text ©.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Affiliate links included.

18 Responses to “Tropical Lassi”

Laura Dembowski — February 5, 2015 at 8:45 am

Such a great twist on a lassi! But all that talk about being sick has me in panic attack mode. When’s spring???

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — February 5, 2015 at 8:52 am

Citrus is basically the only thing keeping me alive right now. I am covered in snow and MORE is coming right now. It’s craziness. I need all the citrus I can get. Love this tropical lassi. I will drink it and imagine I am somewhere else! :-)

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — February 5, 2015 at 9:25 am

Jennie!!! I love this! Packed full of Vitamin C and refreshing?! I totally need one of these!! beautiful!!!

Cookin Canuck — February 5, 2015 at 9:54 am

I hope your family recovers from the flu soon! This lassi is gorgeous, and I absolutely love the idea of using grapefruit juice to bump up the vitamin C and the flavor.

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — February 5, 2015 at 12:55 pm

It a snowy and cold day here in Kansas so this lassi would be perfect to bring a little bit of happy sunshine to us! LOVE it!!

Julie — February 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I’ve been on a total citrus kick lately – I crave it all the time! This grapefruit + mango + pineapple combo sounds great!

Alida — February 5, 2015 at 2:44 pm

This looks so refreshing, delicious and beautiful! Grapefruit is such a tasty addition!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — February 5, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Vitamin C sold me on this drink. Well it looks pretty darn perfect too!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — February 6, 2015 at 9:06 am

My hubby loves Mango Lassis, but I love the addition of grapefruit and pineapple to add more fin tropical flavor. I have to try this!

[email protected] & Trinkets — February 6, 2015 at 10:30 am

I love how bright and summery this is! It’s been overcast more often than not up here in NJ, so I feel like one of these lassis would taste like a ray of sunshine, and I need that.

Julia — February 6, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Sing it, girl! I love lassis and this one sounds like the perfect way of preventing illness. A lassi a day keeps the doctor away, can I get a woop woop?!

Have a great weekend!

Senika @ Foodie Blog Stalker — February 6, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Yum! Steer clear of the sickos! The hubs and I just fully recovered from the flu and it.was.horrible. Love that your Vitamin C’ing it up and this looks like a terrific way to do it!

Matea — February 6, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I could sure use a tropical smoothie in this cold weather to remind me there are better days ahead :)

Gina — February 8, 2015 at 10:50 am

I LOVE lassis. My dad grew up in India and he’s always make us traditional lassis when we were kids. Loving this tropical spin to it though and it’s so perfect with all the good citrus right now!

Diane (Created by Diane) — February 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm

oh my goodness I want to reach out and grab that, looks super tasty! I just love sweet and tangy things like this.

Ashley — February 8, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Ha! I laugh out loud when I think of my husband taking care of the food too. His idea of taking care of food is lots and lots of take out :) Love this lassi – it looks so delicious!

shannon — February 12, 2015 at 5:44 pm

TROPICAL GOODNESS!!!! seriously everyone around here is sick: everyone. i just finished some ongoing sinus attack thing, the wee one was sick for a few days with a fever, and now mr. table is coughing the night away (FUN FOR EVERYONE!) with a cold. I can’t.

except for this lassi and then i totally can.

Cakespy — February 12, 2015 at 10:56 pm

OMG. this sounds so delicious and makes me think of sunshine!