Nutella Almond Granola

Sweet, decadent granola coated in a rich chocolate sauce and baked until crunchy.

Nutella Almond Granola

Have you jumped on the healthy eating bandwagon?

Confession: I never jump on the wagon. Every year it makes its rounds, and every year I refuse to hop on board. I let it roll past, giving it a snarky look as I wave goodbye.

Nutella Almond Granola

It’s not that I don’t like healthy food, because I do. It’s just that I make it a point to eat a balanced diet year round. So, when January comes around, I don’t feel the need to suddenly drop my glazed donut.

Just because I eat a balanced diet doesn’t imply that I don’t indulge, because I do, and I’m very good at it. We all deserve to indulge from time to time. I can’t imagine life without these Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Pudding Cookies. There’s no way I’m giving up cookies.

Nutella Almond Granola

That’s where this nutella almond granola comes in. It’s a cross between healthy and indulgent. A sort of hybrid snack.

The healthy, wholesome aspect of this granola comes from the oats, almonds, and coconut. The more decadent side is thanks to the nutella, brown sugar, and maple syrup. It’s the best of both worlds.

This granola reminds me of an Almond Joy candy bar. It has your chocolate, your almonds, and your coconut. It’s more subtle, but the flavors shine through with every crunchy bite.

Nutella Almond Granola

Have you ever had the pleasure of standing over a pot of melted nutella? It’s absolute bliss. Do yourself a favor and dunk your finger in the melted sauce and give it a taste. After that, try very hard not to pour the mixture into a mug and call it hot chocolate.

The melted chocolate mixture is thick even after it’s melted. Make sure you fold the chocolate mixture until all of the oats are coated. No oat left behind!

Nutella Almond Granola

If you find–or should I say when you find–yourself hungry in between meals, head for the granola jar. If you like your granola on the indulgent side, you’ll love this recipe for Cookie Butter Cinnamon Chip Granola.

Nutella Almond Granola

Munch on, my friends!

Head on over to Food Fanatic to read my article and grab this nutella almond granola recipe.

Baking tools I used to make this granola:

• Large mixing bowl
• Whisk
• Rubber spatula
• Baking sheet
• Wire cooling rack

Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.

24 Responses to “Nutella Almond Granola”

Stefanie - Sarcastic Cooking — January 13, 2015 at 8:10 am

Mmmm heaping cup of melted Nutella!!! I’m on a big granola kick these days. It’s my own kind of healthy hahah

• Jennie replied January 13th, 2015 at 8:17 am

Exactly. I look at it this way, eating this granola is better than, say, eating a cupcake. So we’re eating healthy, right?

Jen @ Baked by an Introvert — January 13, 2015 at 9:25 am

This granola sounds fabulous! I love that there’s Nutella in it. SWOON!

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:54 am

Thank you so much, Jen!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — January 13, 2015 at 9:38 am

I love that you never jump on the wagon haha. I hardly ever do either but this year it has been a bit easier for some strange reason. This granola is perfection and makes jumping on the wagon easy peasy.

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:54 am

I just let in roll on by :) Thank you so much, Jocelyn.

Julia — January 13, 2015 at 9:42 am

Normally, I’d be on that clean eating bandwagon after the holidays, but this year I thought I’d experiment and.just.not. I hear ya: balance is key, and I’m still trying to figure that one out. Have ant secrets for me? ;) One of these days I’ll figure out how to not eat a whole tray of granola fresh out of the oven. In the meantime, I’ll be standing next to a melted pot of nutella!

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:55 am

I think finding balance is going to be a life-long feat. It is what is, right? We’re only human. Warm cookies will forever be my weakness.

Marie Roald — January 13, 2015 at 2:35 pm

This looks wonderfull! I can imagine this on top of greek or vanilla yoghurt, and just snacked straight from the box really!

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:56 am

This would be absolutely lovely sprinkled on top of Greek yogurt. Thanks so much!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — January 13, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Oh yes! Wagon or no wagon, I’m down for this. Any excuse to have Nutella for breakfast and snack time is good for me! Yeah!

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:56 am

Exactly! Thanks, Liz.

Jamie | Jamie's Recipes — January 13, 2015 at 10:12 pm

I’m not a wagon jumper either. But it does feel good to have a bit of a refresher after I go overboard on the Christmas goodies. This granola looks and sounds heavenly!

• Jennie replied January 14th, 2015 at 8:57 am

Thanks, Jamie!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — January 14, 2015 at 9:36 am

I don’t really jump on it, because I don’t really get off it…
    BUT WHY WOULD I when it involves eating this goodness?
    Exactly.
    Pinned!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — January 14, 2015 at 10:21 am

Granola that tastes like an Almond Joy?! I’m in!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — January 14, 2015 at 11:59 am

I love your photography of this, especially the first photo. So creative! It’s been so long since I’ve made homemade granola, but this is making me want a batch!

Lynn | The Road to Honey — January 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Anything with Nutella in it is tops in my book. . .and I have been making granola like a madwomen as of late. Will definitely need to give this one a try especially since the hubby is a Nutella fanatic.

Medha @ Whisk & Shout — January 14, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Nutella is one of my favorite things, and granola is up there too! Great combination of the two :)

Kelly - Life Made Sweeter — January 16, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Totally agree with you on a balanced diet all year long with some treats here and there :) This granola looks perfect, Jennie! Anything that tastes like Almond Joy has my vote and I love the Nutella in here!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — January 16, 2015 at 5:03 pm

ooooh yes hybrid treat!!! I think this is your tastiest granola yet! LOVE

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — January 16, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Umm, so… I’m so tempted to try your idea of calling the sauce hot chocolate. And drinking it. I think I’d have to make a double batch of the sauce just in case that did happen! ;) Pinned!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — January 17, 2015 at 9:33 am

Gorgeous granola, Jennie! I am with you, girl. Healthy indulgences are such a treat, but balance is key to make room for really wicked indulgences. It’s all about balance. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend, my friend! Pinning!

Lou — February 12, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Just made this today, sooooo good! I added puffed rice, pepitas, chia seeds & ground flax & I am loving it.