Sparkling Caramel Apple Sangria

A bubbly blend of white wine, caramel vodka, apple cider, and club soda.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

I made you a cup of cheer… Make that a pitcher of cheer.

A holiday pitcher of sangria. I wouldn’t want to celebrate the holidays any other way.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

This sparkling caramel apple sangria is a fizzy blend of Gallo Family Vineyards‘ new seasonal Apple & Caramel White Wine, caramel-flavored vodka, apple cider, and club soda. It tastes just like you’re biting into a caramel apple–sweet mixed with a touch of tartness.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

The adults in the family enjoyed this festive cocktail while we trimmed our for-reals tree over the weekend. We grew up decorating artificial impostors that posed as real trees. My mom would light a pine candle and we would pretend our twinkling tree was real. Three years ago, my brother and I decided that enough was enough, so we set out on a mission to weasel a live, pine-scented tree into my parents’ living room. It may not sound exciting to those of you who grew up with a real tree, but this was a profound, life changing moment for us tree-deprived folks. Now we decorate a for-reals tree while my father complains about falling needles and worries about the tree bursting into flames.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

If you’re entertaining this holiday season, this sangria is the perfect addition to your holiday cocktail menu. You can make it by the pitcher and your guests can serve themselves.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Gallo Family Vineyards added two new wine blends to their growing wine list this season, Apple & Caramel Holiday White Blend and Mixed Berries & Chocolate Holiday Red Blend. Their new white blend is absolutely delicious. It took an exceptional amount of strength to refrain from consuming the entire bottle before making the sangria. The Apple & Caramel Holiday White Blend is the perfect balance of sweet and tart with a touch of fizz. It’s deliciously crisp and goes down smooth. Their Mixed Berries & Chocolate Holiday Red Blend is a rich, vibrant blend of mixed berries with a hint of chocolate in the background. It has a clean, smooth finish.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

This sangria is super simple to prepare. Add 2 cups (about 2 apples) of apple chunks to the bottom of a pitcher. Pour in the wine, vodka, and apple cider. Give the mixture a stir before placing the pitcher in the fridge to chill. Stir in club soda right before you’re ready to serve.

Caramel Apple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Sparkling Caramel Apple Sangria

A bubbly blend of white wine, caramel vodka, apple cider, and club soda.

Yield: 1 pitcher

Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes

• 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 1 (750ml) bottle of semi-sweet white wine
  • 3/4 cup caramel vodka
  • 2 cups apple cider
  • 1 cup club soda

1. Add chopped apples to a large pitcher.
  2. Stir in wine, caramel vodka, and apple cider. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
  3. Stir in club soda right before serving.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest2.1kShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly23

23 Responses to “Sparkling Caramel Apple Sangria”

Nikki @ NikSnacks — December 7, 2014 at 5:11 am

Mmm! So creative and festive! I’m ready to jump in and get some caramel flavored vodka to make my pitcher of cheer right now!

Liz — December 7, 2014 at 5:39 am

I adore white wine sangria…and your version made with the caramel apple Gallo wine sounds INCREDIBLE!!!

Renee — December 7, 2014 at 5:45 am

Stunning Jennie, simply stunning.

movita beaucoup — December 7, 2014 at 8:42 am

Soooo pretty! I is thirsty now.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 7, 2014 at 9:30 am

Just gorgeous! What a beautiful drink!

Michele @ Flavor Mosaic — December 7, 2014 at 10:12 am

What a beautiful drink! Your photos are gorgeous!

susan @ the wimpy vegetarian — December 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

Wow – this Gallo wine would be PERFECT in this sangria. Fabulous idea. And I love your photos :-)

Marlene @Nosh My Way — December 7, 2014 at 11:22 am

I am making this recipe for my holiday brunch.

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — December 7, 2014 at 11:39 am

I know I can count on YOU to lead me to sangria heaven!

Kathryn — December 7, 2014 at 11:58 am

Ooh such a good twist on the sangria – I’m excited to try this out!

Jodee Weiland — December 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Looks great! Love the flavors here…so much fun and delicious…thanks for sharing!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — December 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Now you are making me feel guilty for depriving my kids of a real tree, but with the new house and hardwood floors and off white carpets, I just can’t deal this year. I’ll just drink a glass or two of this sangria and forget my guilt, I think.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — December 7, 2014 at 5:08 pm

This looks so refreshing. I would love a glass!

Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — December 7, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I would love a pitcher of this while we watch the football game!

Cindys Recipes and Writings — December 8, 2014 at 5:42 am

Sounds like another winning wine from Gallo! A perfect idea for sangria!

Betsy @ Desserts Required — December 8, 2014 at 11:16 am

I had my first tree EVER last year and am loving my fresh tree this year just as much!

So glad you made a pitcher because one or two glasses of this gorgeous sangria would not be shared.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — December 8, 2014 at 7:38 pm

apple caramel wine?? I’m in! This looks awesome!

leslie — December 8, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Oh dear heavens! I feel a little tipsy reading this! YUM OH YUM

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — December 9, 2014 at 11:03 pm

As if the recipe didn’t sound tempting enough…these photos are spectacular!!!! Absolutely stunning!

Aggie — December 11, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Ok seriously this drink has my name all over it!! I love white wine, and LOVE white sangria. What a great seasonal twist!

Alida — December 12, 2014 at 6:18 am

What a delicious pitcher of cheer! This is just beautiful.

Jenny — December 13, 2014 at 2:11 am

Question: The recipe calls for “peeled, cored, chopped” apples, yet in your pictures that apple skin is still on. Does it matter either way, and which was intended?
    Other than that, lovely sounding recipe!!!! I will be making this for a family event tomorrow, thank you!