Cranberry Orange Crush

This cranberry orange crush is a refreshing mixture of tart cranberry juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, and vodka.

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

My mom and I are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at her house this year. She has a shiny new kitchen equipped with fancy new pots, casserole dishes, and serving pieces (thanks to me), and she’s ready to show it off.

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

When I  consulted with her about the menu, she responded with some devastating words, “Why don’t we cut back this year–maybe not make so many dishes?” You guys, I almost fainted. The woman was just given the gift of a fancy new kitchen stocked with fancy new gadgets (again, thanks to me), and she wants to ruin my favorite holiday of all time by trimming down the menu.

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

I almost died. After I came to, I was outraged, mortified, and downright shocked. My heart broke a little when her words hit my ear.

With all the shock coursing through my veins, I don’t exactly remember how I responded. There was a lot of hand motions, I remember that much. Maybe a bit of whining, too. In the end, we were discussing adding a few more dishes to the menu, so I suppose I won. Honestly, I think she just wanted to shut me up.

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

I’m hosting #SundaySupper this week, and the theme is Thanksgiving Leftovers. I’m sure your fridge will be busting at the seams the day after Thanksgiving, so the #SundaySupper team came up with a menu to help you use all of those yummy leftovers.

While you’re re-inventing your Thanksgiving dinner, you can whip yourself up a refreshing cranberry orange crush. I don’t know about you, but I always have leftover cranberry juice in the fridge from the cranberry sauce and oranges from the turkey brine. I took one look at the two ingredients in my fridge and spotted vodka at the bar–hello, cocktail!

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

This refreshing boozy beverage is a mixture of fresh squeezed orange juice, cranberry juice, vodka, and a splash of bubbly lemon-lime soda. It’s sweet, slightly tart, and goes down much easier than I’d like.

Cranberry Orange Crush Cocktail | www.themessybakerblog.com

This festive cocktail is perfect for the holidays.

Cranberry Orange Crush

A refreshing mixture of tart cranberry juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, vodka, and a splash of bubbly lemon-lime soda.

Yield: 2

• 2 ounces vodka
  • 2 ounces cranberry juice
  • 2 ounces orange juice
  • splash of lemon-lime soda

1. Add vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Give the mixture a few good shakes.
  2. Pour over ice and top with a splash of lemon-lime soda.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest9.4kShare on Facebook4Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly15

33 Responses to “Cranberry Orange Crush”

Liz — November 23, 2014 at 6:04 am

Perfect holiday cocktail! Yeah, our fridge will be packed with leftovers, too…it wouldn’t be the same without eating turkey for days afterwards!

Renee — November 23, 2014 at 7:14 am

Totally THE drink to sip on while cooking Thanksgiving dinner!

shannon — November 23, 2014 at 7:20 am

and that would be the thing: it WOULD go down easier than i’d like, also. Drunksgiving.

Don’t let your mom win with cutting back on thanksgiving dishes, Jennie! Stay strong.

Susan — November 23, 2014 at 8:32 am

I think this is necessary during and after Thanksgiving! It’s such a pretty blush color too! Also glad you won out over your mom. What was she thinking, it’s Thanksgiving! You must have food for days.

Lisa — November 23, 2014 at 9:47 am

I’m definitely going to whip myself up a refreshing cranberry orange crush! I can’t wait!
    My go to cocktail is a vodka gimlet, but I can’t wait to switch over to your Cranberry Orange Crush – it’s such a perfect Holiday cocktail!
    Thanks ~ Lisa

Stacy — November 23, 2014 at 10:25 am

I can imagine these go down very easily indeed, Jenni! Which might make the cut back on dishes more tolerable, should your mom change her mind again. Thank you so much for hosting this great theme! I can’t wait to try your cocktail and so many of the other great leftover recipes.

Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet) — November 23, 2014 at 10:45 am

I love a good fruity cocktail…this one would be a great way to use extra juice! Thanks for hosting!!!

Family Foodie — November 23, 2014 at 10:49 am

Hello Cocktail is right! I need this deliciousness in my life — I can’t wait to hear about your Thanksgiving. Something tells me that mom won’t be cutting back at all.

Constance Smith (@FoodieArmyWife) — November 23, 2014 at 11:45 am

Is it okay if I steal some of the cranberry sauce from the serving dish and enjoy this ON Thanksgiving? No one will mind, right?

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — November 23, 2014 at 12:58 pm

These are beautiful!

MealDiva — November 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm

What a perfect holiday libation! Mmmmmm…

Sarah — November 23, 2014 at 3:56 pm

This sounds amazing!

Tara — November 23, 2014 at 4:01 pm

First off, thanks for hosting! Your hard work is appreciated. This cocktail is so very gorgeous. I had a cranberry cocktail last night. I love them at this time of year!

Shaina — November 23, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Sounds yummy and super festive. I love a good holiday cocktail!

Ashley — November 23, 2014 at 5:43 pm

What a pretty colored drink! I always have all juices and stuff leftover – guess I need to just make me a cocktail this year! :)

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — November 23, 2014 at 7:21 pm

This drink looks absolutely delicious. I love the mix of flavors.

Ala — November 23, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Lead the resistance–go all out for Thanksgiving!! Just kidding. (Except kind of more #kiddingnotkidding.) Well, at least you’ll have this drink in hand to make it through Thanksgiving, no matter what happens! Happy holidays!

Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere — November 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I always love your creative cocktails. This is no exception! We might be breaking these out as a pre-Thanksgiving drink!

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — November 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Jennie! I just started getting my “mix” on. . and channeling my inner bartender recently. . I just had to buy some more vodka and have a fresh new bottle. . I will definitely be trying this fabulous cocktail!! and I’m glad you won. . in my mind, Thanksgiving is all about going all out and having a big food fest! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — November 24, 2014 at 12:12 am

Did you stock your mom’s kitchen so you can cook there? I’ve been doing that at my mom’s house! This is a gorgeous cocktail. I could totally use one about now.

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — November 24, 2014 at 8:18 am

I have all of these ingredients all ready opened right now. I’m thinking this is a great Monday morning breakfast drink! Kidding…maybe….:-).

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — November 24, 2014 at 11:35 am

Enjoy cooking in the new kitchen! I would want to go crazy too.

Julia — November 24, 2014 at 11:49 am

My family’s trying to trim down Thanksgiving this year too, but knowing the fams, we’ll probably all end up bringing an extra side or three and have too much food per usual. These bevvies look soooo tasty! Perfect for sharing with family!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — November 24, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Haha, I’m with you! Thanksgiving is like my SUPER BOWL! Although, I am considering cutting out the sweet potatoes this year, just because we eat sweet potatoes all year ’round, and there’s just sooooo many carbs at Thanksgiving already! This cocktail looks so refreshing. I can’t wait to give it a try this holiday season!

susan @ the wimpy vegetarian — November 24, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Hello Cocktail indeed!! Love how refreshing this looks!

Cindys Recipes and Writings — November 24, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Perfect flavors! Thanks for hosting!!

Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — November 25, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Oh heck ya! I want a pitcher of these for Sunday brunch after Thanksgiving!!

Nichole — November 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

This is such a gorgeous, simple drink! I can’t wait to make it!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — November 25, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Wow! This looks absolutely amazing!

Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) — November 26, 2014 at 11:06 am

With all the last-minute stuff going on this year at my house…make mine a double!

Jane's Adventures in Dinner — November 27, 2014 at 10:22 am

Now that is a fab save.

Shikha la mode — December 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I wish I had these drinks on my Thanksgiving – they look like the perfect accompaniment to all the turkey I’d be stuffing my face with.

Julie @ Texan New Yorker — December 2, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! I can imagine these would go down soooo easy – they look delicious!