Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Pecans & Pumpkin Seeds

An easy breakfast option for busy mornings.

Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Pecans & Pumpkin Seeds | www.themessybakerblog.com |A healthy breakfast or snack inspired by the flavors of fall.

I made you breakfast…or a snack. It all depends on what kind of mood you’re in. This pumpkin chia seed pudding with maple pecans & pumpkin seeds can be enjoyed any way you like.

It’s creamy, naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, and topped with toasted pecans and roasted pumpkin seeds that have been glazed with maple syrup.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Pecans & Pumpkin Seeds | www.themessybakerblog.com

Come to think of it, I’ll enjoy this pudding for both breakfast and a snack. Problem solved.

The base of this pudding is a mixture of almond milk (coconut milk will also work), plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and, of course, chia seeds. If you’ve never made chia seed pudding, you’re missing out. This pudding comes together easily in one bowl with a few good turns of the whisk. No cooking, tempering eggs, or whisking until your arm is about to fall off.

Are you sold?

After you mix everything together, cover the bowl or transfer the mixture to individual airtight containers and place in the refrigerator to chill. The chilling process takes about 4 hours. I like to divide my pudding between a few small mason jars for an easy on-the-go breakfast option. In the morning, all you have to do is grab your chilled pudding from the fridge and top it with the maple-glazed pecans and pumpkin seeds. Oh, and don’t forget to grab a spoon.

Did you know that chia seeds  are full of health benefits? They’re what I like to call a Super Seed. They’re packed full of fiber–5 grams in just 1 tablespoon. It’s the fiber that causes them to plump and swell when combined with liquid, which is why they’re the perfect addition to healthy pudding recipes. Chia seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and contain protein, calcium, antioxidants, and minerals.

Now that chia seeds are popular, you can find them at any grocery or natural food store.

Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Pecans & Pumpkin Seeds | www.themessybakerblog.com | A healthy breakfast or snack inspired by the flavors of fall.

Grab a spoon and start shoveling.

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Pecans & Pumpkin Seeds”

movita beaucoup — October 22, 2014 at 7:09 am

Your photos are so pretty that I died dead and now I won’t be able to eat any pudding.

• Jennie replied October 22nd, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Bah! You crack me up, Movita. More pudding for me ;)

Laura Dembowski — October 22, 2014 at 8:45 am

I’m obsessed with Chia pudding. Love this twist on it. I’ve also been adding them to my smoothies. So yummy!

• Jennie replied October 22nd, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I’m always scooping a spoonful into my smoothies. Chia is the best. Thanks, Laura!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — October 22, 2014 at 1:47 pm

I wish I had this for lunch! Love the maple pecan pumpkin seed topping!

• Jennie replied October 22nd, 2014 at 8:01 pm

The maple pecan and pumpkin seed topping is the best part. Thanks, Jess!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — October 22, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I’m sold! Looks like the perfect fall breakfast!

Choc Chip Uru — October 23, 2014 at 9:35 am

I have a soft spot for all chia and maple related treats, so this pudding is on my list :D

Kathy L. — November 18, 2014 at 9:34 am

Can you make any recommends on how to make this non-dairy? Any soy/coconut/something substitute for the Greek yoguart? Cause it sounds amazing otherwise!

• Jennie replied November 18th, 2014 at 9:54 am

Hi Kathy,

You can replace the Greek yogurt with an extra 1/2 cup of pumpkin or 1/2 cup of non-dairy yogurt. You could also use 1/2 cup of coconut cream. I hope these recommendations help. Happy baking!

Kathy L. — November 18, 2014 at 10:02 am

The coconut cream is an interesting idea. I think I’ll try to do half more pumpkin and half coconut cream and see what happens………particularly since a non-dairy yogurt won’t be as thick as the Greek yogurt. Thanks!!