White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter

Thick, creamy almond butter made with everyone’s favorite fall ingredient: pumpkin.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter | www.themessybakerblog.com

I know it’s a bit early, and technically still summer, but I couldn’t contain my excitement for fall and all things pumpkin any longer, so I made you a jar of white chocolate pumpkin almond butter.

For all of you summer lovers, I hope we’re still cool.

Remember the white chocolate cinnamon almond butter I made a few months ago? I took that recipe and added some fall flair to the ingredient list.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter | www.themessybakerblog.com

I have major pumpkin brain lately. I have even resorted to carrying around a notebook so I can keep a record of my fall recipe ideas as soon as they pop into my brain.

So. Many. Pumpkin recipes.

If you’re not in the mood for pumpkin, I hope the craving hits you soon, because the Interweb is about to barf up an overwhelming amount of pumpkin recipes.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter | www.themessybakerblog.com

This almond butter is super easy to make. If you’ve never made homemade peanut butter or almond butter before, I have a step-by-step dark chocolate peanut butter tutorial you can use as a guide.

I used a combination of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to create that classic pumpkin flavor we all look forward to each and every fall. The pumpkin pie spice gives the butter a warm, spicy flavor. I added a generous scoop of white chocolate chips to sweeten the butter and give it a creamy texture.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter | www.themessybakerblog.com

You can dip until your heart is content. I like to use honey wheat pretzel sticks, apples, pears, vanilla wafers, and biscotti. You can even spread it on warm toast. The butter is a bit thick, so I heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up a bit.

It tastes like pumpkin pie in a jar.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter

Thick, creamy almond butter made with white chocolate, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. It’s almond butter with fall flair.

Yield: 10 ounces

• 1 cup raw almonds
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch of salt

1. Add the almonds to the bowl of your food processor. Turn on the processor and allow the almonds to blend until they become smooth and creamy, about 8-10 minutes.
  2. Add the white chocolate chips and blend until the chocolate if fully melted and smooth. Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth.
  3. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
All images and text ©.

15 Responses to “White Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter”

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — September 4, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Oh yum! This sounds delicious. I haven’t gotten into my pumpkin flavored foods yet this year, but I think I’m about to start!!

Ashley — September 4, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Well considering I’m on an almond butter kick I think I should make me some white chocolate pumpkin almond butter! Sounds awesome!

Nicole~Cooking for Keeps — September 4, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I’m absolutely a summer lover, and yes, we’re still cool even though I’m not at all ready to let go. :) I can definitely get on board with this butter, I’d like to slather is over EVERYTHING..

Stacey @ Bake.Eat.Repeat. — September 4, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I’m already making pumpkin things too, as soon as fall was in sight I was ready to jump on that train! This looks delicious, I can’t wait to try it.

shannon — September 5, 2014 at 7:34 am

I don’t think you broke any rules here: it IS september, and normally the rule on pumpkin is to begin no earlier than Sept 1. Besides, this looks quite delicious, so free pass. :)

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — September 5, 2014 at 8:18 am

This is the most creative butter I’ve seen yet and I’m completely in love with all of the ingredients you used! Pinned :)

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — September 5, 2014 at 8:53 am

What a great combination of flavors! This would be so delicious on toast!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — September 5, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Jennie, this is one of the smartest, most clever recipes I’ve seen in a long time. Not to mention gobsmackingly delicious – I want to scoop my way through that entire jar.

Vicky — September 5, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Simply cannot wait to make this recipe and just shared it on my blog in my Friday Foodie Faves post where I link up 10 of my favorite recipes finds from around the web.

Laura Dembowski — September 6, 2014 at 8:24 am

This looks so good! I am not giving up on summer, but I would we come this as a part of my morning.

Choc Chip Uru — September 7, 2014 at 5:06 am

What a delicious butter, I never thought of pumpkin in it before! :D

Mimi — September 7, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Oh my god this looks so good. I’m not sure I could make it, cause I’d eat it all. But oh my god it looks so yummy!

Ala — September 12, 2014 at 1:02 am

Soooooo I am in pumpkin love. Seriously, you’ve taken my absolute favorite thing–nut butter!–and thrown in the best of the fall world. Love love love it!

Chloe - A Latte Lipstick — September 14, 2014 at 10:08 pm

That looks entirely too delicious. Can’t wait to try for Fall!

XO Chloe