Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles

These strawberry-banana smoothie popsicles are full of juicy strawberries, ripe bananas, and plump blueberries. Since these popsicles are full of fresh fruit, there’s no need to feel guilty while enjoying one poolside.

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles | www.themessybakerblog.com

As I was clicking through my recipe archive the other day, I noticed that I haven’t made you any ice cream.

Shame on me.

My last ice cream post was published back in December. Yeah, thin mint ice cream pie is great, but who wants ice cream in December?

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles | www.themessybakerblog.com

Who am I kidding… I want ice cream all year long.

There are benefits to eating ice cream during the winter. Like the fact that it doesn’t melt as quickly. And, since I wear stretchy pants the entire duration of winter, I don’t notice the ice cream weight I’m packing on. There are obviously pros and cons to this method.

Snug skinny jeans are one of them.

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles | www.themessybakerblog.com

The good news… These popsicles are healthy. You heard right, folks.

HEALTHY.

And, in my world, the word healthy translates to eat all of the popsicles I want.

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles | www.themessybakerblog.com

These popsicles are easy to make and assemble. You won’t need to bust out your ice cream maker and wait 24 hours before you start shoveling popsicles in your face.

You’ll make these popsicles just like you would make a smoothie. Add the ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. I jazzed these up by adding some crushed vanilla wafer crumbs to the bottom of each mold. You know, for a sweet crunch.

To sweeten this smoothie and make it extra creamy, I used 2 tablespoons of Coffee-mate Classic Vanilla creamer.

After you have your base made, you’ll start layering the popsicles. Add the wafer crumbs to the bottom of each mold and add an inch of the smoothie mixture. Drop in a few fresh blueberries and add a second layer of the smoothie mixture. Drop in a few fresh strawberry chunks and top with a final layer of the smoothie mixture. Add the sticks and place the molds in your freezer to set. In 4-5 hours you’ll be on your way to flavor town.

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles | www.themessybakerblog.com

I highly recommend enjoying one (or two) of these cold treats poolside.

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles

A creamy mixture of fresh strawberries, ripe bananas, Greek yogurt, and milk. A healthy frozen treat for a hot day.

Yield: 6 popsicles

Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes

2 ripe bananas

10 strawberries, divided

1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)

2 tablespoons Coffee-mate Classic Vanilla creamer

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup blueberries

6 vanilla wafers

Add the vanilla wafers to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until they resemble a fine crumb. Evenly spoon the wafer crumbs into the bottom of your popsicle molds. Set aside.

Chop 4 strawberries into small chunks. Set aside.

Place bananas, remaining six strawberries, Greek yogurt, creamer, and vanilla extract into the bowl of your blender. Pulse until smooth.

Pour a layer of the smoothie mixture into the popsicle molds. Add 4-5 blueberries to each mold. Add an additional layer of the smoothie mixture. Add 4-5 strawberry chunks to each mold. Top with the remaining smoothie mixture. Add the sticks. Place the molds in the freezer for 4-5 hours, or until completely set.

If you don’t have coffee creamer on hand, substitute 2 tablespoons milk of your choice.

All images and text ©.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

25 Responses to “Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Popsicles”

Ashley — July 15, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Yay for popsicles! I finally pulled out my molds last week and have been putting them to good use! These sound awesome – and I love that they can satisfy my sweet cravings without doing me in :)

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:24 am

I love how easy popsicles are to make. Thanks, Ashley!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — July 15, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I’m definitely an ice-cream-year-round kind of girl too. As long as the heater is on or there’s a fire in the fireplace, and I’m wearing warm sweats and slippers, ice cream in December is absolutely perfect! Plus then I don’t have to compete against other grocery shoppers to grab the best flavors off of the freezer shelves… I love the idea of healthier popsicles though, especially during summer when all I crave is fruit. I love the colors in yours, and the vanilla wafers at the tips are the cutest touch. Pinned!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:25 am

Who can resist the lure of ice cream, right? Thank you so much!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — July 15, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Ahhh Ice cream is everywhere! I was on a walk yesterday and the only thing I could think about was ice cream. Now I want smoothie popsicles too, but I think these are little more waistline friendly than what I had in mind! ;-) These look delicious!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:26 am

These popsicles will love your waistline. I have ice cream on the brain all the time, too. Thanks, Lindsey!

Kate @ Diethood — July 15, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I LOVE a recipe that doesn’t require 24-hour wait before I get to inhale this amazingness!!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:26 am

Amen! I’m an impatient baker. Thanks, Kate!

Thalia @ butter and brioche — July 16, 2014 at 4:45 am

yum! craving one of these popsicles now.. these are perfect for summer! thanks for sharing the recipe!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:26 am

Thanks, Thalia!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — July 16, 2014 at 7:29 am

I love, love love that you put vanilla wafers at the bottom of these popsicles. And all the other ingredients are perfect. These look absolutely gorgeous! Pinned :)

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 8:27 am

The wafers give this pop a nice little crunch. Thanks, Chelsea!

Laura Dembowski — July 16, 2014 at 8:37 am

I need to make a frozen treat too. Thsee look awe some and it’s even better they’re healthy!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 9:02 am

Thanks, Laura!

[email protected] & Trinkets — July 16, 2014 at 9:06 am

How dare you wait 7 months before giving us ice cream, Jennie! *angry face* I’ll just take all of these popsicles as recompense

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Take all of the pops, Kim. I owe you guys. How dare I forget about ice cream for 7 months. Bad blogger :)

Julia — July 16, 2014 at 11:04 am

Seriously, I haven’t made enough ice cream in my life either. These smoothie popsicles look BANGARANG! SO creamy, so fruity, need them in my facetrap. I need to get me some popsicle molds and do this thang!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Buy popsicles molds and you have yourself an addiction. A sweet, chilly addiction. Thanks, Julia!

Mary Frances — July 16, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Wait, ice cream has a season? Bah to skinny jeans :)
    Haha, you got it, healthy means thirds of course! These popsicles are gorgeous!

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Three cheers to thirds!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — July 16, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I’ll take some healthy popicles!! Although, does that mean I can have more than one? :)

• Jennie replied July 16th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Eating more than one is required. Thanks, Nicole!

Beth @ bethcakes — July 18, 2014 at 11:30 am

These pops look wonderful! I love that popsicles can be so healthy. Love the vanilla wafers in these too! :)

1. Pingback: 50+ Refreshing Popsicle Recipes - onecreativemommy.com