Starbucks Verismo Brewer Review & Giveaway
Bring your favorite coffeehouse beverages to you with the Starbucks Verismo Brewer.
I’m a coffee junkie. Every morning is the same in my house; I start my day with a cup of coffee. I prefer iced coffee in the summer and hot coffee when the weather gets cold.
No coffee=no baking, writing, or picture taking. I physically can not function without it. It’s sad, but so very true.
I’m not the least bit ashamed to admit that I’m a coffee snob. Move aside, weak coffee! I like a rich, bold cup of coffee with extra cream and a little sugar. If I’m enjoying a glass of iced coffee, I like to add a few squirts of flavored syrup.
I frequented my local coffeehouse almost daily. The nice baristas would greet me by name and quickly prepare my cup of coffee without having to ask. That’s good customer service!
Now that I’m working from home several days a week, I prefer to stay in my pjs and make my own coffee. Call me lazy, but pjs are just so comfy. I often don’t change out of my jammies until late afternoon.
With the Starbucks Verismo Brewer, I can craft my favorite coffeehouse beverages in the comfort of my own home without having to change out of my pjs.
I call that a good deal.
When the lovely folks at Staples contacted me to review the at-home brewer, my inner coffee-lover couldn’t refuse.
- High-pressure brewing system heats up and is ready to make Starbucks-quality beverages in less than 15 seconds
- Integrated rinse function helps keep machine clean
- Height-adjustable drip tray accommodates different sized cups
- Auto-off activates after 5 minutes to save energy
- Easily removable water tank makes refilling simple
- Built-in used pod removal automatically moves up to 10 pods to storage for easy cleanup
- Easy to make plenty of your favorite drinks at home
- Enjoy everything from caffè lattes and espresso to brewed coffee. You can also use our milk pods for a rich, creamy hot cup of steamed milk
- The brewer requires minimal setup. Once I removed the brewer from the packaging, it took me 5 minutes to set up.
- The Verismo brews a rich cup of bold coffee.
- Unlike some of the other individual cup brewers, the Verismo brews up a hot cup of coffee.
- You can brew more than just coffee. The Verismo offers the option to brew an espresso, latte, or iced coffee.
- The water tank removes for easy refilling.
- The Verismo brews a cup of coffee in seconds.
- The pod container stores used pods for easy cleanup.
- The brewer is easy to clean and user-friendly.
- The brewer is a bit loud when it’s brewing a cup of coffee.
- The pods are expensive (but not as expensive as the coffee house).
- The drip tray is made for smaller mugs. If you’re using a large mug, you have to remove the tray and hold the mug as the machine brews your coffee, or you have to use a smaller mug and brew two cups of coffee and transfer the brewed coffee to a large mug or travel cup.
- If you want a large cup of coffee, you have to use two pods.
I’ve been using the Verismo brewer for a few months now, and I absolutely adore the machine. It brews a great cup of coffee and a darn good latte. The coffee is rich and bold and comes out piping hot. I have less coffee waste, and I’m saving money by brewing my own coffee at home.
Want your own Verismo home brewer? Sign up below for a chance to win.
The giveaway is for one Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and will run from June 3, 2014 to June 10, 2014.
Disclosure: Staples was kind enough to send me a Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer to review. I was not compensated by Staples for this review post. All opinions are my own.