Slice of Life Saturday’s ~ Going to the Beach!

It’s time for our annual beach vacation.

IMG_1386

As you read this post, I’ll be relaxing on the beach with a stack of books and a glass of fruity pineapple sangria

Also, this bucket of fries. Extra vinegar. Extra salt.

IMG_1438

My parents will be joining us on our donut-binging beach adventure this year.

My folks haven’t been on vacation since my youngest brother was 4 months old. Let me paint the picture for you… He just turned 19 in April. I have no idea how they braved 19 years without a break from reality. If I didn’t take a vacation at least once each year, there would be no more sanity.

Poof, gone! I would be huddled in a corner rocking back and forth, most likely screaming obscenities.

I have 10 gallons of spray-on sunblock ready to go. I have my hat, umbrella, and beach chair. I’ll be the only 29-year old female on the beach sitting under an umbrella with my nose painted white. If that isn’t sexy, I don’t know what is.

IMG_1422

I have no food for you this week. For shame, I know. In the meantime, have a blackberry-lime gin fizz. I’ll be back next week with tasty treats to make up for lost time.

If you’d like to live vicariously through me while I’m at the beach, which will most likely be a non-stop stream of donut pictures and old people lettin’ loose (my parents), you can follow me on instagram.

I was out in the garden last week doing some weeding, and I couldn’t resist the urge to grab my camera and snap a few photos.

Peppermint Clematis | www.themessybakerblog.com

My peppermint clematis is a beauty this year.

Peppermint Clematis | www.themessybakerblog.com

I’m going to order one or two prints and have them framed for my office.

Peppermint Clematis | www.themessybakerblog.com

See you guys next week!

7 Responses to “Slice of Life Saturday’s ~ Going to the Beach!”

Laura Dembowski — May 31, 2014 at 8:12 am

Have an awesome vacation, Jennie! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — May 31, 2014 at 10:03 am

I’M SO JEALOUS! Have oodles of fun!!!

and the flowers are gorgeous and omgoshhhhhh THOSE FRIES!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — May 31, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Sangria and donuts and sun!!! Sounds like the perfect vaca to me! Have a blast!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — June 2, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Your parents haven’t had a holiday in 19 years?!?!?!?! How did they do that without losing their sanity?! I go crazy after six months of no vacay. Sigh. I’m just a pampered baby in comparison. They deserve to let loose ‘n have fun. Love the photo of your toes (nice nail polish!) and now I’m craving french fries and sangria. I hope you guys had an amazing time!

Ashley — June 3, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Have a great vacation!! Enjoy every second : ) And I hope your parents do too – that’s such a long time without a break!

Amy @ Elephant Eats — June 5, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Very jealous of your beach vacation! i feel like I haven’t gone on a good vacation in a long time. We’re gonna do a babymoon in july but just a long weekend. Should be relaxing tho. Hope you had fun!!

shannon — June 9, 2014 at 4:14 pm

BEACH VACATION TIME!!!! omg have the best time, Jennie. I know you will.