Fruity Pineapple Sangria

This fruity pineapple sangria is made with bubbly white wine and mango pineapple vodka. One glass just isn’t enough.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

I refuse to wait for spring to get its butt in gear and pay us a vist. Do you hear me, Spring… I refuse to wait! I’ve been patient long enough.

In other words, I’m gonna get this party started without you.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Look, our guests have arrived. Meet Bubbly White Wine and Mango Pineapple Vodka. They’re excited to get to know you. Now, get to mingling.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

In my mind, spring is here. It’s warm and sunny and bright.

And, I have a tan. Frankly, dreaming about a tan is the only way I’m ever going to acheive a tan. Let’s face it, we all said goodbye to the ozone layer a long time ago and now we don’t stand a chance against the almighty sun. I’m the chick on the beach wearing a surf shirt and a thick white layer of sunblock. Sexy, eh?

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Let’s recap. It’s spring. It’s warm and sunny and bright, and I’m a bronze beauty with long legs and a six pack. Like every girl with a mean six pack, I’m wearing a belly shirt. Are those still in style?

What does every ficticious spring dreamland need? A fruity cocktail, of course. Wine + liquor = fun. It’s that simple.

I had this sad can of pineapple chunks sitting in my pantry that needed some attention. I must have been sitting there for ages, because the can was bent and rusted. Canned goods last forever, so it’s all good. The pineapples were desperately looking for love; I could tell. So, I did what any other sane woman looking for the sun would do. I dumped them in a pitcher and saturated them with booze.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

Mmm, boozy pineapples.

Because it’s spring in some other state, I added some sliced strawberries and oranges to the pitcher. Why not, right? If you’re living in a warm, sunny state, I envy you. I bet your taking your puppy for long strolls in the park and cycling the trails. It’s just not right.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

This fruity pineapple sangria is sweet, bubbly, and refreshing. I used Barefoot’s new Refresh Crisp White. If you haven’t tried their new line of bubbly wines, I highly recommend giving it a go. There are four total in their new collection, and they’re all delicious. At $7.99 a bottle, it’s a steal. Heck, buy all four.

The mango pineapple vodka really adds a burst of tropical flavor to this sangria. I used an entire cup. Whew, it’s boozy, folks. Boozy and fruity. I topped it off with a 2 cups of Sprite to sweeten the deal.

Fruity Pineapple Sangria | www.themessybakerblog.com

My mom has deemed this her favorite cocktail yet. I don’t know how reliable she is, considering she also said the same thing about this sparkling upside down cake martini, but I have to agree with her on this one. It’s good!

When your pitcher is empty, I highly recommend dishing out the fruit and eating it. Honestly, there’s nothing better than a drunken fruit salad. Yum!

Fruity Pineapple Sangria

Sweet, fruity sangria made with bubbly white wine and mango pineapple vodka.

Yield: 1 pitcher

• 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice included
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1 orange, sliced into rounds
  • 1 (750ml) bottle sweet white wine
  • Juice of 1 orange
  • 1 cup mango pineapple vodka
  • 2 cups Sprite

1. Add pineapple chunks and juice, strawberries, and oranges to the bottom of a pitcher. Stir in wine, orange juice, and vodka. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
  2. Stir in Sprite right before you're ready to serve.
Share this post:Pin on Pinterest25.2kShare on Facebook88Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly0

37 Responses to “Fruity Pineapple Sangria”

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — March 26, 2014 at 6:53 am

Absolutely gorgeous, Jennie! I am totally loving your styling and photography here…as well as your attitude about Spring! I hear ya, girl. We just had a light dusting of snow yesterday. Snow after St. Patty’s Day and the first official day of Spring? It’s crazy! Thanks for sharing. Pinned to several group boards at Pinterest (couldn’t help myself!). Cheers!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:24 pm

You are so sweet, Stacy! Thank you so much. The snow has got to go. Thanks for the pin.

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — March 26, 2014 at 7:51 am

MANGO PINEAPPLE VODKA EXISTS?!! I have had straightup pineapple..but not with mango!
    I LOVELOVELOVE white wine sangria
    This is killing me. Is it Friday yet?
    Pinned!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:23 pm

It does, Taylor. I just discovered it the other day as I was standing in the vodka isle trying to decide what type of liquor I wanted for this recipe. I’m not gonna lie, the pink bottle was just too purdy to pass up. Thanks girl!

Laura Dembowski — March 26, 2014 at 8:31 am

In my head I live in a warm, sunny state. I am trying to move like it’s my job because this weather is just not okay. This sangria will make things better until then.

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

We’re looking to move, as well. I can’t stand the cold! Oh yeah, sangria makes everything better.

Todd | HonestlyYUM — March 26, 2014 at 10:53 am

This is awesome. Boozy pineapples and drunken fruit salad, indeed! Bring on the sun!!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I always look forward to the boozy fruit salad at the end. Thanks, Todd!

movita beaucoup — March 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm

We’re in the middle of a blizzard right now. The entire city has shut down.

Please. Send. Sangria.

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:21 pm

One pitcher of sangria on ice via air plane is coming your way. I’ll have them attach a parachute to it so they can drop it right above your house. Deal?

Jennifer — March 26, 2014 at 12:44 pm

This looks amazing. I live in Maine and we’re having a blizzard right now. I desperately need the sun and a pitcher of sangria, stat!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:19 pm

It snowed here yesterday. I’m so done! I’ll send sangria.

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — March 26, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Lol fortunately belly shirts totally are in style this year! This sangria looks divine! Just what the Dr ordered to create my own personal Spring! It looks so bright and refreshing! And when is one glass of any type of sangria enough? Never.

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Score! Now, to purchase some belly shirts :) It looks like we’ll all have to create our own spring for awhile. Thanks!

Kathy @ Olives & Garlic — March 26, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Jennie you nailed it with this Sangria. I discovered Barefoot Refresh recently and I absolutely love it. Just the other day I was thinking how perfect it would be in a wine cooler, but you nailed it with Sangria.

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Thanks so much, Kathy! It really is a great wine.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — March 26, 2014 at 4:13 pm

This makes me so sad it isn’t spring or summer yet! This pitcher belongs on my deck next to me as I lounge under an umbrella (because I am in my 30’s now and have to be smart about the sun) reading a book! Until then I guess the pitcher will just have to go next to my tulips on my coffee table as we binge watch more TV because it is too dang cold!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Me, too, girl. Me, too. I can’t wait to lounge on my deck with a book. Thanks!

Kate @ Diethood — March 26, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Been seein’ this all over them PinterestS all day – had to hop over and tell ya it looks Amayyyyyy-zing!

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 10:25 pm

You have? That makes me all happy like. Thanks so much for stopping by, Kate!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — March 26, 2014 at 10:02 pm

This sangria IS SO PRETTYYYY!

i wish it were springggggg *sob*

• Jennie replied March 26th, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Thanks, Kayle. I know. I’m so ready to bust out my spring pink.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — March 27, 2014 at 10:19 am

Love booze. Love pineapple. Love bubbles. Love this! I’m dreaming I’m also dreaming of sipping this by a pool, with the sun beating down on my face. Ahhhh, we can dream right?

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — March 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I love Barefoot wine! I need to pick up a case of their new Refresh Crisp White so that I can make pitchers upon pitchers of this fabulous sangria. Jennie, your photos are seriously gorgeous. I’m dying over the lighting and the styling. I’ve tried taking photos of drinks and I fail every time. Just looking at these is making me happy. Now if only I had a drink in my hand right now…

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — March 27, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I LOVE sangria. Sipping this and joining you on your mental spring vacation. I need to do the same!

Willow @Will Cook For Friends — March 28, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hahaha, I’m right there with you! I’ve been dreaming of spring for weeks now, but the weather just won’t cooperate. Sadly, even when it does cooperate, I’m not one to tan, really. I kind of go straight from pasty white to perfectly-cooked-lobster, with no in between. However, I would totally lather on the sunscreen and come join you in your imaginary spring if it meant I could get me some of this sangria! Sparkling white wine? Boozy pineapple? Yes, and also, yes. Did I mention yes? Yes. Yes yes yes.

Terra — April 9, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Sangria makes me happy! Love all the flavors, this would be so refreshing! A perfect Summer drink! Hugs, Terra

Lovina Laratta — May 14, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Can Vernors Gingerale be substituted or the Sprite?

• Jennie replied May 14th, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I think ginger ale would taste just fine in this recipe. Let me know what you think.

Carrie — May 27, 2014 at 9:34 pm

This looks absolutely amazing & refreshing! Can’t wait to try this out :) Thank you!

Amallia @DesireToEat — May 30, 2014 at 6:37 am

What a refreshing drink. Nice pictures.

1. Pingback: Snow Day Fantasies - Kitchen Serf

2. Pingback: It’s the Linkin’ Weekend!

3. Pingback: Making National Moscato Day A National Stella Rosa Moscato Day – It’s Easy! | Stella Rosa Wines

4. Pingback: 10 Top Rated Refreshing Summer Drinks