Banana Bread Parfaits

Banana maple granola layered between Greek yogurt and thick slices of ripe bananas sweetened with a drizzle of honey.

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

Remember the Banana Maple Granola I made at the beginning of the week? I decided it would be a good idea to layer it between spoonfuls of Greek yogurt and slices of bananas to create a breakfast–or snack–parfait.

Bam, breakfast is served!

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

This is one of those no-recipe recipes, if that makes any sense. Since parfaits are extremely easy to construct, we won’t worry about ingredient amounts for this recipe. So, go wild and add as much or as little as you like. It’s like running around with you’re undies off. Ya feel free, don’t ya?

Yup, this is a food blog and we’re talkin’ about undies. We’re all friends here, right?

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

You can use any type of yogurt you prefer. I happen to love Greek yogurt, so that’s what I used in my parfait, banana to be exact.

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

Grab your yogurt, a few scoops of granola, a banana, and some honey. You can get fancy and layer your parfait in a fancy glass, or you can grab a small to-go bowl for easy travel.

Add a few spoonfuls of yogurt to the bottom of your glass/bowl. Sprinkle with a handful of granola and add a layer of sliced bananas. Drizzle with honey. Repeat as needed until your glass/bowl is full.

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

The combination of the banana maple granola with with sliced bananas and honey create a parfait that tastes just like banana bread. It’s creamy, crunchy, and slightly sweet.

Banana Bread Parfaits | www.themessybakerblog.com

This parfait is packed with plenty of protein and fiber to keep you full until your next meal.

Dig in!

Banana Bread Parfait

Yield: 1 parfait

1/2 cup Banana Maple Granola

1/2 cup Greek yogurt (favorite flavor)

1 banana, peeled and sliced

honey for drizzling

Add a layer of Greek yogurt to the bottom of a small glass or bowl. Sprinkle with granola and add a few banana slices. Drizzle with honey. Repeat until your glass/bowl is full.

All images and text ©.

11 Responses to “Banana Bread Parfaits”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — March 21, 2014 at 8:02 am

Now this is my kind of breakfast. Protein, healthy carbs, crunchy and creamy? I am sooo in.
    These pictures are just beautiful..love the simplicity! Pinned

Julia — March 21, 2014 at 8:31 am

Ohhhh stop it, you! You just stop it! The granola took my head for a real skip-to-my-loo and now the parfaits are just driving me craaaaaazyyyyy! Love these healthy breakfast glasses..they make me want to run around and eat banana bread parfaits with no undies on :)

Laura Dembowski — March 21, 2014 at 8:45 am

These look great! I like to do the same thing with granola and a smoothie.

Claire Gallam — March 21, 2014 at 10:52 am

I adore these! A fabulous, fabulous dessert!

Jenn and Seth — March 21, 2014 at 11:33 am

this looks like such a delicious breakfast! I want to eat like 5 of these right now :) such gorgeous photos Jennie!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — March 21, 2014 at 7:48 pm

This looks SO light and delicious! Myself and fellow banana lover-my mom-would totalllyyyy gobble these up!! You really are so amazing with granola!!!

Ashley — March 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm

This looks like such an awesome snack!! I love parfaits but rarely think to make them on a normal basis, which is silly because I have everything on hand pretty much all the time to do it!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — March 23, 2014 at 7:14 am

Fabulous idea, Jennie! The perfect way to indulge in something creamy yet healthy with that scrumptious banana bread granola of yours! Thanks for sharing. Pinning!

Mary Frances — March 23, 2014 at 2:04 pm

This is hands down, the best thing I’ve seen all week. Everything I love – banana bread, granola, parfaits! Pinned!

mjskit — March 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

What a tasty parfait! I’d eat this any time of the day!

shannon — March 25, 2014 at 7:55 am

i need. to make. the banana granola. because this. also because banana granola.