Blueberries & Cream Granola ~ #SundaySupper

Clearly I have an obsession, people. I’m not here to deny it. Frankly, I relish in this type of obsession. Crunchy oats, toasted coconut, sweet berries, and white chocolate–I don’t have the strength to resist.

As you all may know, I love granola. It’s one of my favorite recipes to experiment with. Mix a bunch of your favorite flavors–bam, you have yourself a healthy snack.

Just recently I started selling my granola. Out of no where, friends, family, and strangers started placing orders. My granola is famous. Okay, so maybe it’s not famous, but people (other than me and my family) like it. Success!

Once the orders started rolling in, I knew I had to up the ante. My next recipe had to be epic–the recipe everyone goes bonkers for. A granola recipe that beats all other granola recipes.

Enter blueberries & cream granola. It’s sweet and creamy. Crunchy and toasty. Bursting with blueberry flavor and morsels of white chocolate. You won’t be able to walk past the granola container without stealing a fistful.

Blueberries & Cream Granola  www.themessybakerblog.com-8013

The #SundaySupper crew has school in mind this week. Only a few more weeks before the kiddies strap on their back packs and bust out their shiny new folders and colorful pens. Summer sure did fly right on by. I remember loathing the day I had to go back to school–not even colorful pens and funky animal shaped erasers could entice me to get excited about the upcoming school year.

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-8008

Lucky for lunch boxes everywhere, this granola makes the perfect back-to-school snack for your kiddos. Heck, it makes the perfect lunch box snack for the adults, too. A batch will last you a few weeks… Unless you’re like me and eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; then it may only last you a week.

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-7992

To give this granola its creamy flavor, I used a whopping 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. I also sprinkled in some white chocolate chips to boost the creaminess and sweeten up the granola.

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-7994

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-8008

My new favorite dried fruit is dried blueberries. Drying the blueberries condenses their flavor, giving them more blueberry flavor than a fresh blueberry.  They’re soft, chewy, and super sweet.

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-8010

Your kids won’t be able to resist this crunchy snack.

Blueberries & Cream Granola | www.themessybakerblog.com-8018

Enjoy!

Check out the other #SundaySupper lunch box creations:

Sandwiches, Wraps and Entrees:

Munchies, Salads and Sides:

Sweet Treats:

And remember that we have a #SundaySupper chat at 7 PM each on Sunday evening. We tweet throughout the day using the hashtag #SundaySupper, then we all gather to share ideas, recipes and answer questions from 7-8 PM ET. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest Board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.

Blueberries & Cream Granola
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups dried blueberries
  • 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, add oats, coconut flakes, almonds, salt, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the mixture over the oats. Fold the wet mixture into the oat mixture until the oats are evenly coated.
  4. Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
  5. When the granola is cool, stir in the blueberries and white chocolate chips.
  6. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container. The granola will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest534Share on Facebook5Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly0

74 Responses to “Blueberries & Cream Granola ~ #SundaySupper”

Liz — August 18, 2013 at 6:59 am

I am going to have to make some of your world famous granola, Jennie! This version looks terrific…and the first thing I’d eat in my lunch box :)

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks, Liz.

Hezzi-D — August 18, 2013 at 8:04 am

Mmmm…granola is great for breakfast on the go or a snack at school. LOVE the blueberry white chocolate combination-YUM!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks, Hezzi-D!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 18, 2013 at 9:14 am

I just LOVE granola! Yours looks so healthy and Delicious! Love the combination of white chocolate and blueberries!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks, Jen!

Nichole C — August 18, 2013 at 9:31 am

This looks great!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Thank you, Nichole!

Conni @FoodieArmyWife — August 18, 2013 at 9:50 am

Yum! I have always been a huge fan of granola, and I love that you used dried REAL blueberries in yours. BTW – I am head over heels for that milk “carton”!!!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Thanks, Conni! I purchased the milk carton at Kohl’s.

Lane @ Supper for a Steal — August 18, 2013 at 9:53 am

I love granola too. My husband makes fun of me because I eat my granola with a little bit of yogurt, rather than the other way around like most people. This looks like a delicious combination that I’m going to have to try.

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:43 am

I love my granola with Greek yogurt. Thanks!

Cindys Recipes and Writings — August 18, 2013 at 10:28 am

What’s not to love about this granola! Oh yeah, I don’t have some. I need to fix that asap!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Thanks, Cindy. It only takes a few minutes to whip up. That’s what I love about it.

Laura Dembowski — August 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I have a serious granola problem too! But no one asks to buy mine :( Love that this has more add ins than oats! And dried blueberries are the bomb!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:41 am

Thanks, Laura!

Renee — August 18, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I’m pretty sure that granola would call my name at all hours of the day and night. Yummy!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’m constantly munching on granola. It’s my favorite snack.

Terra — August 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

How exciting to be selling your lovely recipe!! Granola does pretty much rock, and is so fun and versatile! Your pictures look beautiful, Hugs, Terra

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Thank you so much, Terra!

Shannon R — August 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm

It looks fantastic! I’ve made blueberry granola but the chocolate takes it over the top!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Thanks, Shannon!

The Ninja Baker — August 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I see why your granola is in demand, Jenni. Thank you for so generously sharing this yummy recipe instead of keeping it secret =)

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:38 am

You’re very welcome. Thanks for commenting.

Sarah Reid, RHNC (@jo_jo_ba) — August 18, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I love dried blueberries, granola and vanilla! Why do I not have this in my cupboard NOW!?

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:37 am

Thanks, Sarah.

Tara — August 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I have been wanting to make granola for awhile now and actually have another of your recipes on my counter in the kitchen.It is for your Maple Pecan Granola. I wish there was more of me in a day but I am for sure making one!! Thanks for sharing, this looks delicious!!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:36 am

Tara, I often wish there were more hours in a day. I could definitely use some more time. Thank you!

laurasmess — August 18, 2013 at 7:10 pm

What a gorgeous granola recipe! Hahaa… I love the fact that your family are now placing orders. That’s a tribute to your granola genius! This is the first time I’ve visited your blog. Love the bright photographs and the happy way that you write… I can tell that you have such a huge passion for food, cooking and nourishing those you love! Thanks for this granola recipe (you should be charging for this, you know!)

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Laura, you are too sweet. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site and for leaving such lovely words.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — August 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I’m so proud of you!!! You are amazinggggg!

These look great!

• Kayle (The Cooking Actress) replied August 18th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

*these granolas? I don’t really know why I said “these” lol

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:55 am

Lol. That’s okay. This is a judgement free zone.

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:54 am

Kayle, you’re a doll. Thank you!

Erin @ Table for 7 — August 18, 2013 at 7:50 pm

That’s the prettiest granola I’ve ever seen :) It looks delicious!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:54 am

Thank you so much, Erin!

Alida — August 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I never thought I would say this phrase…but your granola is so pretty! :) Love anything with blueberries!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:54 am

Aw, you’re so sweet. Thanks, Alida.

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — August 18, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Jennie, this sounds phenomenal! And I love that you are selling your granola! So fun!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:53 am

Thanks, Brianne. I would have never thought I’d start selling it. It’s so fun to make and such a huge compliment.

Jenn and Seth — August 18, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Blueberries and cream sounds like the most wonderful breakfast ever – you have such amazing granola recipes!!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2013 at 7:52 am

Thanks, Jenn and Seth! My granola obsession is clearly getting out of hand.

Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere — August 19, 2013 at 10:41 am

This would make a fantastic breakfast or snack! I love dried blueberries. They’re so sweet, and taste like candy!

Soni — August 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Oooh I’d love to have a big bowl of this right now!Love the addition of coconut oil and vanilla in there with the lovely blueberries!So super yum :)

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — August 19, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Girl, I’m not at all surprised that orders for your granola are flying it – every granola recipe you post looks amazing! This blueberry ‘n cream version is no different – I don’t even think it’d take me a week to polish it off. I just bought a jar of coconut oil yesterday so I can’t wait to try all your recipes. Congrats on the new business venture – I have no doubt you’re going to continue being super successful!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — August 20, 2013 at 1:21 am

OK, girl…this granola is EPIC! I just adore dried blueberries and they just marry so well with white chocolate, don’t they? Add granola (LOVE granola with almond milk…my fave!) and you have EPIC tasty goodness! Thanks so much for sharing…cannot wait to make! xo

shannon — August 20, 2013 at 7:50 am

your granolas ARE famous!! around here they are, too: every time i make one, the friends and family go nuts. and this one? totally on the list to make, since i love everything about it. especially the blueberries. you’re a granola savant.

cquek — August 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm

That looks incredible, absolutely delicious!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — August 20, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Mmmm, this sounds AMAZING. I love homemade granola but the blueberries and cream flavor is really putting it over the top for me. Pinning!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — August 21, 2013 at 6:03 pm

What a great looking granola and a delicious, summery flavor! This looks fabulous!

• Jennie replied August 30th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Thanks, Georgia!

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper — August 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

This sounds like an incredibly delicious combination for granola!

• Jennie replied August 30th, 2013 at 10:43 am

It’s my favorite combo yet. Thanks!

Amberly — February 10, 2016 at 6:09 am

I can’t belivee I’ve been going for years without knowing that.

1. Pingback: Honey Oat Bars Recipe | Magnolia Days

2. Pingback: Carrot Cake & Zucchini Bread “Sushi” – Cupcakes & Kale Chips — Cupcakes & Kale Chips

3. Pingback: Cinnamon Zucchini Brownies #SundaySupper - Cindy's Recipes and Writings

4. Pingback: Potato Cheese and Mushroom Focaccia Bread — Family Foodie

5. Pingback: #SundaySupper: Lunchbox Hero

6. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Krispie Treats #SundaySupper | pixiedustkitchen

7. Pingback: Mini Griddle Cakes for Lunchbox #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands

8. Pingback: Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats | Pies and Plots

9. Pingback: Quinoa Salad with Tibetan Herb Dressing for #SundaySupper - Healthy. Delicious.

10. Pingback: Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Rolls Recipe | Killer Bunnies, Inc

11. Pingback: Homemade Cheese Cracker Recipe #SundaySupper - Growing Up Gabel

12. Pingback: Indian Spiced Chicken Meatball Wraps

13. Pingback: Banana Bread Muffins

14. Pingback: The Best Basic Hummus for Lunchbox #SundaySupper | Supper for a Steal

15. Pingback: Biscoff White Chocolate Blondies #SundaySupper

16. Pingback: Cookie Butter Granola Bites #SundaySupper - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks