No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake ~ #SundaySupper
Let’s talk about shopping for a moment, shall we? I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. 1. I only enjoy shopping when things are going my way; if they’re not, I’m instantly done with the experience. 2. Why is it that when you’re looking for something specific you can never find said item, but when you’re not looking for said item, you see it everywhere? 3. Why is it that when I have the money to shop I find nothing, but when I don’t have money to shop, I find everything? See, love/hate relationship.
All three scenarios happened this week as I was shopping for a simple glass container to house my no-bake banana sundae cheesecakes. I knew exactly what I wanted; I could picture it plain as day. I tried Home Goods, Kohl’s, and Marshall’s with no luck. Ugh! Frustation hit, which really doesn’t take long for me. “All I need is a simple glass container,” I whined to my husband, who just looked at me like I had two heads. I don’t think he actually felt my pain. If it were a boat part that he couldn’t locate, that would be a different story. Three stores and one headache later, I find just the perfect little glass containers for my cheesecakes at Pier One; one that will show off the layers of the cheesecake beautifully.
Angie from Big Bear’s Wife is hosting this week’s Cheese, Cake, & Cheesecake #SundaySupper. Angie happens to adore cheese, so she’s celebrating the glorious dairy product by dedicating this week’s theme to it. Who can blame the gal? The stuff is delicious!
You guys, this cheesecake is so good! Not only is it good, but it’s super easy to make. Last minute dinner party? This no-bake cheesecake comes together in a pinch. This recipe can easily be converted into a healthier dessert by using reduced-fat cream cheese, skim milk, greek yogurt in place of the butter, and light whipped topping. As for the crust, you can replace the melted butter with coconut oil.
One bite, and I promise you’ll be hooked. The filling is creamy on your palate and so light and airy it melts in your mouth. The crust has a creamy vanilla flavor with hints of toasty pecans. Oh, and the wet pecans… Yum! I just discovered how to make my own wet nuts this weekend and, let me tell you, they’re so easy and way better than their store-bought counterparts.
Grab a spoon and start scooping! Enjoy.
Check out the other delicious #SundaySupper recipes:
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Follow the #SundaySupper hash tag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
- 1-8 oz. brick of cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 banana)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup yellow cake batter mix
- 1 tbs. milk
- 1-8 oz. container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Wet Pecans
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Whisk in vanilla and almond extracts. Whisk in mashed banana until fluffy, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in cake batter until smooth, then whisk in milk.
- Slowly fold in the thawed whipped topping. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Add the toasted pecans to a small bowl. Stir in maple syrup. Allow to sit for 1 hour at room-temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the vanilla wafers and pecans. Pulse until combined. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while continuing to pulse until the mixture represents wet sand.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the wafer mixture into the bottom of glass jars, press gently. Spoon or pipe the cheesecake mixture onto the crust. Top with wet pecans and a maraschino cherry (or two).