No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

Let’s talk about shopping for a moment, shall we? I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. 1. I only enjoy shopping when things are going my way; if they’re not, I’m instantly done with the experience. 2. Why is it that when you’re looking for something specific you can never find said item, but when you’re not looking for said item, you see it everywhere? 3. Why is it that when I have the money to shop I find nothing, but when I don’t have money to shop, I find everything? See, love/hate relationship.

No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

All three scenarios happened this week as I was shopping for a simple glass container to house my no-bake banana sundae cheesecakes. I knew exactly what I wanted; I could picture it plain as day. I tried Home Goods, Kohl’s, and Marshall’s with no luck. Ugh! Frustation hit, which really doesn’t take long for me. “All I need is a simple glass container,” I whined to my husband, who just looked at me like I had two heads. I don’t think he actually felt my pain. If it were a boat part that he couldn’t locate, that would be a different story. Three stores and one headache later, I find just the perfect little glass containers for my cheesecakes at Pier One; one that will show off the layers of the cheesecake beautifully.

No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

Angie from Big Bear’s Wife is hosting this week’s Cheese, Cake, & Cheesecake #SundaySupper. Angie happens to adore cheese, so she’s celebrating the glorious dairy product by dedicating this week’s theme to it. Who can blame the gal? The stuff is delicious!

You guys, this cheesecake is so good! Not only is it good, but it’s super easy to make. Last minute dinner party? This no-bake cheesecake comes together in a pinch. This recipe can easily be converted into a healthier dessert by using reduced-fat cream cheese, skim milk, greek yogurt in place of the butter, and light whipped topping. As for the crust, you can replace the melted butter with coconut oil.

No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

One bite, and I promise you’ll be hooked. The filling is creamy on your palate and so light and airy it melts in your mouth. The crust has a creamy vanilla flavor with hints of toasty pecans. Oh, and the wet pecans… Yum! I just discovered how to make my own wet nuts this weekend and, let me tell you, they’re so easy and way better than their store-bought counterparts.

No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

Grab a spoon and start scooping! Enjoy.

No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake

Creamy banana no-bake cheesecake atop a graham cracker crust topped with wet pecans.

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 2 hours

Total Time: 2 hours

• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup mashed banana (approximately 1 banana)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 cup yellow cake batter mix
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
  • Maraschino cherries for topping

• 1 cup vanilla wafers
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

Wet Pecans:

• 1 cup pecans, toasted
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Whisk in vanilla and almond extracts. Whisk in mashed banana until fluffy, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in cake batter until smooth, and then whisk in milk.
  2. Slowly fold in the thawed whipped topping. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Wet Pecans:

1. Add the toasted pecans to a small bowl. Stir in maple syrup. Allow to sit for 1 hour at room-temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

1. In the bowl of a food processor, add the vanilla wafers and pecans. Pulse until combined.
  2. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while continuing to pulse until the mixture represents wet sand.
  3. Spoon a few tablespoons of the wafer mixture into the bottom of glass jars, press gently. Spoon or pipe the cheesecake mixture onto the crust. Top with wet pecans and a maraschino cherry (or two).
Share this post:Pin on Pinterest451Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon1Share on Yummly

59 Responses to “No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake”

Lyn @LovelyPantry — March 3, 2013 at 2:30 am

I’m hooked! I’m hooked! This looks so delish! I’m just imagining the banana-cream cheese combo!

CCU — March 3, 2013 at 2:50 am

No Bake means healthier. Yes I have no logic but who needs it right when it comes to something so delicious :D

Liz — March 3, 2013 at 6:31 am

LOL…husbands will never understand!!! So glad you found the perfect glassware…those will come in handy for all sorts of desserts! Your sundae-cheesecake looks incredible!!!

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen — March 3, 2013 at 8:29 am

Oh yum, this looks and sounds delicious!

Kim@Treats & Trinkets — March 3, 2013 at 8:34 am

I know exactly what you mean, with the shopping. Especially since I haunt discount stores that never have the same things twice.

I love that this is a transportable banana split sundae. And I do love your glass bowl. XD

Renee — March 3, 2013 at 9:16 am

You have described my shopping experiences. Next week you will see those glass dishes everywhere and whatever else you are looking for will be nowhere to be found.
    Great cheesecake sundae recipe. It looks like something my husband would absolutely love. He’s a big fan of creamy desserts.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — March 3, 2013 at 9:21 am

OMG yes! That is exactly the way it goes with shopping! If I’m not looking for something/have no money there is so much stuff I want! As soon as I’m looking for something/have the money….nothin’. Can’t find a darned thing. Ugh.

And omg these cheesecakes! I am so sharing the recipe with my mom because this is like her dream come true!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — March 3, 2013 at 10:11 am

Hey, I have that container! I got mine at walmart! ;)

But, what I don’t have is that cheesecake. This must be remedied soon!

Nicole @ The Daily Dish — March 3, 2013 at 10:18 am

Mmm… I so love banana anything. You made these SO cute in those little mini trifle dishes. I am in love with every aspect of these.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — March 3, 2013 at 11:19 am

I have given those tiny trifle bowls as wedding presents gobs of times. I think it’s about time I get a set of my own ;)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — March 3, 2013 at 11:37 am

lol I know what you mean about shopping going bad. Try adding a toddler to this mix! :) Love no-bake cheesecakes and this banana sundae sounds delish! Love the glass containers too!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — March 3, 2013 at 11:39 am

The cake mix in the filling sound very intriguing. I love every single flavor in this recipe! And they remind me of the sundaes I used to have with my grandmother. The glass containers paid off, they are so cute!

Christi Silbaugh — March 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Looks like a lovely thing to whip up on this hot day (86 here in san diego)!

Stacy — March 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I know exactly what you mean about shopping. Somehow it’s harder when you know what you want. Once, a long time ago, I had a pair of shoes in mind that would go with an outfit. I was describing their simple design, heel and color to a shoe salesman and he asked where I had seen them. “In my head!” I said. He looked at me like I had two heads. Your little dishes were worth the hassle in the end. They are just precious. As is the lovely dessert inside them, Jennie!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Your no bake cheesecake is perfect!! I love that it’s quick and you can eat it right away, well at least I would! he he

Conni @FoodieArmyWife — March 3, 2013 at 3:59 pm

This is adorable, and looks so yummy!

Laura | Small Wallet, Big Appetite — March 3, 2013 at 5:12 pm

For my banana obsessed child this would go down a real treat. :)

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — March 3, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I love the glass container and the photos, Jennie. Soooooo pretty. And I have the same thing happen to me every time I shop. If I absolutely need an item and am willing to pay for it, I don’t find it. On those random days where I’m wandering the mall, I’ll see a million things that I want/need and if I don’t buy it then and there, I’ll totally forget where I saw it or it’ll be gone when I get back. Aaaarrrggghhhh! Thankfully you had this amazing sundae to make and devour after your ordeal. Damn this looks good, woman.

Tara — March 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Love, love, love it, what a great dessert!!

Heather @girlichef — March 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Well, at least it was victory in the end – that makes up for the frustration, doesn’t it!? These glasses are perfect…and oh my gosh, does that fluffy cheesecake look delicious!

Sarah Reid, RHNC (@jo_jo_ba) — March 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Wow! That’s fantastic!

Soni — March 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I love the idea of a no bake cheesecake and the lovely flavors you’ve got going!Bookmarked :)

Yvonne @ bitter baker — March 3, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Aa maa gaaawd!! Can’t live without cheesecake!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — March 3, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Oh Jennie, these are to cute in those mini trifle bowls! I don’t like cheesecake, but love cheesecake-flavored things, and I totally have to experiment with this and a gluten free almond crust that I tried for the first time this weekend!

Jenn and Seth — March 3, 2013 at 11:16 pm

totally feel your shopping pain! i love the glass container and i am loving this dessert, sounds so creamy and yummy and i just wanna grab a spoon and dig into the whole thing!

Amber @Mama's Blissful Bites — March 3, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Okay, wet pecans? You had me at NO BAKE! You just amaze me all the time! Now I just need to grab a spoon…

Courtney @ Neighborfood — March 3, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Ugh…shopping! This was the story of my life this year with boots! I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and I sure as heck wasn’t going to spend $100 for a pair of boots that I liked “ok.” Now winter’s over and guess what? I’m still bootless! Guess I didn’t need them that badly after all. :) Can’t wait to try this cheesecake!

Cindys Recipes and Writings — March 4, 2013 at 12:47 am

No bake and vanilla wafer crust with bananas, oh yeah Jennie!

Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere — March 4, 2013 at 9:23 am

This looks so good! I love how easy it is, and I can just imagine all those great flavors!

Katy — March 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm

No-bake cheesecakes are my favorite kind – and with the banana and pecans – I’m in love!

Anita at Hungry Couple — March 4, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Oh, I have the exact same frustrations about shopping. And I do need little dessert glasses. I also really, really…really… need this cheesecake. Now, please!

shannon @ a periodic table — March 4, 2013 at 3:12 pm

i have those little containers too! Wal mart a few years ago…still love them and they were SO inexpensive. These little desserts look absolutely heavenly. how perfect for a dinner party (and so much less fuss than usual). :)

• Jennie replied March 4th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

It never occured to me to look at Wal-Mart. I’ll have to remember that the next time I’m hunting for something. Thanks, Shannon!

Angie @ Big Bear's Wife — March 6, 2013 at 10:42 am

No-bake cheesecakes are one of my favorites! haha. The pictures are so cute! Thanks for the recipe!

Lane @ Supper for a Steal — March 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I feel your shopping pain! The same thing happens to me all the time. Glad you finally found the dish! It is perfect and these look delicious.

Sandie` — February 21, 2014 at 12:35 pm

this sounds easy. What is yellow cake batter mix?

• Jennie replied February 21st, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Thanks, Sandie! You’ll want to use some already prepared, store-bought yellow cake mix from the box. For example, Betty Crocker or Pillsbury.

1. Pingback: Walnut Crusted Salmon Cakes #SundaySupper — Family Foodie

2. Pingback: Paneer Tikka Masala #SundaySupper

3. Pingback: Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake #SundaySupper - Daily Dish Recipes

4. Pingback: Homemade {Velveeta} Cheese ~ Cheese, Cake, & Cheesecake #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina

5. Pingback: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Recipe for #SundaySupper

6. Pingback: Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa for #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands

7. Pingback: Cheeseburger Soup | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

8. Pingback: Tequila Lime Cupcakes { 21 and up } for #SundaySupper | Mama.Mommy.Mom.

9. Pingback: Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe

10. Pingback: Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese for #SundaySupper — Cupcakes & Kale Chips

11. Pingback: Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

12. Pingback: Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic

13. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips for a #SundaySupper Cheese, Cake and Cheesecake Event | gotta get baked

14. Pingback: Lox & Cream Cheese Omelet #SundaySupper - Cindy's Recipes and WritingsCindy's Recipes and Writings

15. Pingback: Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies | Chocolate Moosey

16. Pingback: Mocha Cheesecake | Lovely Pantry

17. Pingback: Dope Desserts | No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake | | Lifestyle Magazine

18. Pingback: Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream #Healthy

19. Pingback: Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake #SundaySupper and my dream wedding dress | Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends

20. Pingback: Saag Paneer . Ricotta In Spinach Sauce