Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins… Is that a long title, or what? Sorry, but I just couldn’t leave anything out. Doesn’t that muffin just sound delicious? Is it calling your name? It is, isn’t it?
Today marks the first Monday of our holiday #MuffinMonday series. Every Monday the #MuffinMonday crew will be bringing you sweet holiday themed muffins that will get even more decadent the closer we get to Christmas. If that doesn’t get you excited for the holidays, I don’t know what will.
Peanut butter and banana is one of my favorite combinations. The two flavors blend beautifully together. You get the sweetness from the banana and the saltiness from peanut butter…it’s perfection.
An asked us to make a decadent muffin, so I went the extra step and added mini chocolates chips and topped them with a dark chocolate glaze. What you end up with is an extremely moist muffin that tastes like a decadent dessert, but a dessert that you can eat for breakfast.
These Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins were so good that I proceeded to eat three of them in a row on Saturday. I had to give the rest away so I wouldn’t eat the entire batch in one sitting.
How do you like them sprinkles? They’re little pink piggies!
I enjoyed these muffins so much that I decided to turn them into bread and give them as Christmas gifts.
Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon half & half
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the banana and sugar. Mash to combine.
- Whisk in the peanut butter and half & half.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add the mini chocolate chips. Fold to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, about a third of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- Glaze:Add the chocolate chips to a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Lightly dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and, if you like, add some sprinkles.