Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins… Is that a long title, or what? Sorry, but I just couldn’t leave anything out. Doesn’t that muffin just sound delicious? Is it calling your name? It is, isn’t it?

Today marks the first Monday of our holiday #MuffinMonday series. Every Monday the #MuffinMonday crew will be bringing you sweet holiday themed muffins that will get even more decadent the closer we get to Christmas. If that doesn’t get you excited for the holidays, I don’t know what will.

Peanut butter and banana is one of my favorite combinations. The two flavors blend beautifully together. You get the sweetness from the banana and the saltiness from peanut butter…it’s perfection.

An asked us to make a decadent muffin, so I went the extra step and added mini chocolates chips and topped them with a dark chocolate glaze. What you end up with is an extremely moist muffin that tastes like a decadent dessert, but a dessert that you can eat for breakfast.

These Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins were so good that I proceeded to eat three of them in a row on Saturday. I had to give the rest away so I wouldn’t eat the entire batch in one sitting.

How do you like them sprinkles? They’re little pink piggies!

I enjoyed these muffins so much that I decided to turn them into bread and give them as Christmas gifts.

Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

• 1 tablespoon half & half
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Chocolate glaze

• 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
  2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, add the banana and sugar. Mash to combine.
  4. Whisk in the peanut butter and half & half.
  5. Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
  6. Fold in the dry ingredients.
  7. Add the mini chocolate chips. Fold to combine.
  8. Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, about a third of the way full.
  9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  10. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
  11. While the muffins are cooling, prepare the glaze.
  12. Glaze:Add the chocolate chips to a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
  13. Lightly dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and, if you like, add some sprinkles.
All images and text ©.

16 Responses to “Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins”

Stacy — November 19, 2012 at 5:11 am

I LOVE the little pink piggies! Between them and your chocolate glaze, that’s what it known as gilding the lily. :) Because you are absolutely right about bananas and peanut butter. They are the best combination and I am sure these muffins were divine.

CCU — November 19, 2012 at 5:26 am

What exquisitely delicious muffins, I know there is chocolate but I want them for breakfast anyway!

Baker Street — November 19, 2012 at 6:00 am

Chocolate covered?! Yum! I love PB and bananas too! These sound incredible, Jennie! :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — November 19, 2012 at 9:33 am

I LOVE THESE MUFFINS! Peanut butter! Banana! CHOCOOOLATE! Super cute, super pretty, super tasty :D

[email protected]ion — November 19, 2012 at 9:54 am

Peanut butter and banana is a perfect combination! Great idea to make these into loaves to give out as Christmas gifts!

Stay-At-Home-Chef — November 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Oh my goodness your muffins look fantastic (and VERY festive!) Love the pink sparkles and the chocolate glaze! I have no idea how you managed to stop at only three muffins :) Happy Muffin Monday! Good to bake with you this week :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — November 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Amazing! This is definitely breakfast done right! And what a genius idea to turn this into Christmas gifts.

Lyn @LovelyPantry — November 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Dessert for breakfast sounds quite okay. And these would be perfect! Good stuff, Jennie! Pinned!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking — November 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I wish I could have a pretty muffin like yours every morning for breakfast. Chocolate and peanuts butter is definitely going to make my day better right from the beginning

Jenn and Seth — November 20, 2012 at 1:04 am

love the sprinkles!! and i am head over heels for this decadent muffin – sounds PERFECT :)

movita beaucoup — November 25, 2012 at 7:44 am

I ADORE THOSE PINK PIGGIES! I’m yelling because I’m really excited and was considering buying the tiniest pig cookie cutter yesterday. Also there was one that was shaped like a hippo. WHY DIDN’T I BUY THEM? Anyhoo, back to the muffins – I often catch 2.0 in the kitchen eating bananas slathered in peanut butter and nutella. These muffins might be a solution…

Carla — November 25, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Just when a muffin couldn’t get any better, you dip them in chocolate. Well played, Jennie!

Anita at Hungry Couple — November 26, 2012 at 5:31 am

Yes, please! You definitely had me at peanut butter!

Dara — November 27, 2012 at 11:15 am

Chocolate and peanut butter? My favorite! Love these tasty muffins.

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — November 30, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Piggy sprinkles! Oh my goodness. How I would love to have those. I mean, who thought of that at the sprinkle company? A genius, I tell you. Anyway, the muffins look lovely and I love the flavor combo!

Kristina — December 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

How did I miss these?? These are like everything I love.. in a muffin. Haha and those little piggies are too cute Jennie! These are awesome.