Candy Corn Martini ~ #SundaySupper
Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. Happy Halloween, all!
This week the #SundaySupper team is at it again. We’re creating some spooktacular (sorry, I just had to) treats for Halloween. Did you know that Halloween is the most popular holiday in the United States? I mean, I love candy as much as the other guy, but who knew it would surpass Christmas and presents. Wow!
Squirrel and I don’t go all out for Halloween, which means we don’t get dressed up and go to Halloween parties, haunted houses, or zombie bar crawls. Call me lame, but I just can’t see spending all of that money on a costume that I’m only going to wear once. Instead, we stay home and hand candy out to the cute little fancied up kiddos that go trick-or-treating. I just love seeing all of them in their creative Halloween gear.
Halloween isn’t just for the kiddies. Adults can have fun, too, and that’s why I created a fun adult treat- candy corn martinis! Why not sort the candy while sipping on a sweet cocktail?
First, you get yourself some vodka and a bag or two of candy corn. Then, you get yourself a glass bottle and add a generous amount of candy corn and a few good gluggs of vodka. Give it a good shake and leave it alone for 3 hours to allow the vodka and candy corn to get to know each other. After impatiently waiting for 3 hours, strain it.
What you end up with is a very delicious and very orange alcoholic concoction.
Add a shot of vanilla vodka, a bit of pineapple juice, a squeeze of orange juice, and a splash of lemon and you have yourself a festive Halloween cocktail.
Who said adults don’t know how to have a good time?
I sipped on this cocktail after photographing it. What was I supposed to do? Let a perfectly good cocktail go to waste? Oh no, that’s not allowed in Jennie’s kitchen. You shake it. You sip it.
So what if it was only 12 p.m.
Candy corn cocktail in my right hand + a snickers bar in my left hand= Halloween bliss.
Happy Halloween! Enjoy.
Want more spooktacular Halloween recipes?
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Gory Green Monster Eyeball Dip – Shockingly Delicious
- Marinated Mozzarella Eyeballs – Comfy Cuisine
- Eyeball Pinwheels – Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies –Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix –The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies –Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies –Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins –Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies –The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes –Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Join us on throughout the day on Twitter to share your Halloween recipes, using the #SundaySupper hashtag. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (EST) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.
- Candy Corn Vodka:
- 4 cups vodka
- 2 cups candy corn
- 1 part candy corn vodka
- 1 part vanilla vodka
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- Squeeze of fresh orange
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Splash of sprite
- In a large glass pitcher, add vodka and candy corn. Shake to combine. Allow the vodka to infuse with the candy corn for at least 3 hours. Strain through a mesh sieve.
- Add the candy corn vodka, vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice to a shaker of ice and shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a martini glass and add a splash of sprite.