Peach Butter Muffins
It’s Monday, which means it’s time to celebrate with muffins for #MuffinMonday. These Peach Butter Muffins are extremely moist and bursting with peach flavor.
We were given an orange marmalade muffin recipe this week, and I adapted the recipe so I could use my homemade peach butter that I made last week. These muffins are moist, and they’re extra delicious when you slather them with butter and homemade peach butter.
When I get a hankering for something, I don’t like to wait for it- I want it NOW! Not in 4 hours. Not the next day. Now! I’m all about instant gratification, and muffins are just that. Mix. Bake. Eat. The entire process takes about 30 minutes. There’s nothing better than a homemade muffin to satisfy a craving.
The peach butter and buttermilk aid in the moist texture of this muffin.
If you’re unable to find peach butter, or don’t have the time to make it, you can use peach jam or preserves in its place.
I almost forgot to mention, these Peach Butter Muffins are loaded with chunks of fresh peaches. Yum!
Peach Butter Muffins
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peach butter or peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps or brandy
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peach chunks, fresh or canned
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add buttermilk, peach butter or preserves, sugar, melted butter, peach schnapps, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold to combine. Fold in peach chunks.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.