These zesty Lemon Bars have a soft, custard-like center and toasty pecan crust. They’re majorly addictive.
I’m busting out the cone hats, the party horns, the goodie bags, the party streamers, and the birthday balloons on the blog today. Why such a festive celebration? Well, today is one of my very best foodie friend’s (BFF) birthday.
Happy birthday, Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! *Horn blowing*
Jen may be in Texas, but that’s not stopping me from celebrating her special day. I’ve got my cone hat on, and I’m ready to paaartay!
If you know Jen, then you know that she’s bonkers for anything lemon. Lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon, lemon, and more lemon. The girl loves her some lemon! So, in honor of Jen’s very special day and love of all things lemon, I made her birthday lemon bars with a pecan crust. Stick a candle in it and make a wish, Jen!
These lemon bars pack a huge punch of tart lemon flavor. Pow, right in your kisser tart!
The buttery pecan crust melts in your mouth and pairs perfectly with the sweet, tart, gooey lemon custard that tops it. And if that weren’t enough, the baked bars get drizzled with a sweet lemon icing.
They’re a lemon lovers dream come true.
Happy Birthday, Jen! Enjoy your special day and eat cake… lots of cake!
Yield: 1 (9-by-13-inch) pan
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust: In a large bowl, beat flour, ground pecans, powdered sugar, butter, and lemon zest until combined. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-by-13 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl, whisk eggs to break the yolks. Add sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice, and lemon zest, whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over crust, immediately after removing from oven. Return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown. Let cool for at least one hour before topping with glaze.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.