Blueberry Cinnamon Chip Muffins

Happy #MuffinMonday, y’all!

I’m very excited about this week’s muffin recipe. I made blueberry cinnamon chip muffins, and they are AMAZING! I have a feeling that this recipe is going to become my go-to muffin recipe. They’re the perfect combination of moist, cakey center and crispy, crunchy crust. Absolute perfection.

Why, hello there muffin. Don’t you look delicious. I don’t mind if I do.

My apologies for the muffin sweet talk.

Waking up at 6 a.m. isn’t so dreadful when you have a jumbo-sized muffin waiting for you in the kitchen.

The cinnamon chips are so good in this muffin. They melt into the muffin, creating a burst of cinnamon flavor that pairs so well with the plump, juicy blueberries.

Grab-and-go muffin bowl. Um, yes please. I jumbofied these muffins by using a jumbo muffin tin, so one of these muffins are guaranteed to fill you up in the morning and kick start your brain for the day.

Muffin + Coffee = One satisfied Jennie, ready to start the long work day.

Grab. Go. Enjoy!

Blueberry Cinnamon Chip Muffins

3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin or 12-cup muffin tin.

Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add blueberries to the flour mixture and stir to coat. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the batter.

Add milk mixture and fold until just combined. Fold in the cinnamon chips gently.

Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes for a 12-cup muffin tin or 35-40 minutes for a 6-cup jumbo tin.

Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook5Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly

29 Responses to “Blueberry Cinnamon Chip Muffins”

Stacy — August 13, 2012 at 5:44 am

What is this magical ingredient you call cinnamon chips? I thought I knew and loved all the chips but I have never seen these. Your jumbo muffins look delicious!

Renee — August 13, 2012 at 8:24 am

Oh my heavens! Look at all those blueberries in that muffin. Love it! and love the cinnamon chips too. I have not seen them in the store in a while but when I do I am buying them so I can make these muffins.

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — August 13, 2012 at 8:24 am

I just adore any jumbo muffin to start the day… and yes it’s a tad unfair I do not have one waiting for my with my coffee this morning! My yogurt will have to do!

Baker Street — August 13, 2012 at 8:45 am

Cinnamon chips melting your mouth! Oh my! I totally agree! Your muffins look great, Jennie! Happy #MuffinMonday :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — August 13, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love how you use cinnamon chips! Great idea! Definitely would love a giant one of these with my coffee!

Laura Dembowski — August 13, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I am muffin obsessed. I make them all the time for my blog and sometimes just for me, as I eat one every morning. Since you are raving about these so much, I’m going to have to give them a try, especially since cinnamon chips are my new favorite thing.

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:57 am

I’m so glad to hear that I’m not the only one obsessed with cinnamon chips. Let me know how you like them. Thanks for visiting.

Jenn and Seth — August 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

i want a muffin so badly now! looks so delicious!

Susan — August 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I love cinnamon with my blueberry muffins and usually do it in the form of a streusel, but this is so much easier and looks just as delicious! Plus I agree, a fresh muffin first thing in the morning, makes all things bearable.

• Jennie replied August 14th, 2012 at 10:44 am

A streusel- yum! I’m going to have to try that. Muffins make Monday’s better, for sure.

CCU — August 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Cinnamin chips in muffins stuffed with blueberries :D?
    Greatest jumbo muffin idea ever!

• Jennie replied August 14th, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thanks, Uru! I love me some jumbo muffins.

Sasha — August 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

What a neat twist on blueberries! My sister just brought me some homemade blueberry-spice jam, so I can attest to the yumminess of spicy blueberries. I should try some on a batch of these!

• Jennie replied August 14th, 2012 at 10:38 am

Sasha, I think that jam would be amazing in this recipe, especially with the cinnamon chips. Let me know how they turn out if you make them.

Liz — August 13, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I MUST find some cinnamon chips…these sound delectable!

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:55 am

Thanks, Liz! They have them on Amazon if you don’t find them at your local grocery store.

Anna @ hiddenponies — August 13, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I love a crispy exterior on my muffins! These sound so good – I’ve yet to see cinnamon chips in the store, but I’m gonna be keeping my eyes open!

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Thanks, Anna! When you find them, stock up. They’ll become your new addiction.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — August 13, 2012 at 11:28 pm

These muffins look gorgeous! Just wish I had cinnamon chips, so I could make these for breakfast tomorrow!

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Thanks, Erin! When you find cinnamon chips, stock up. You’ll crave them on a daily basis… trust me.

ally — August 14, 2012 at 11:42 am

my 2 fave things in one muffin. perfect. love.

Kate | Food Babbles — August 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Ah! I got it to work! Don’t know what changed but the comment form magically appeared ;) These muffins look awesome! I love the used of cinnamon chips with the blueberries. I want to try these for sure!

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:50 am

Thanks, Kate! Cinnamon chips are my new favorite addiction. They are amazing!

Stay-At-Home-Chef — August 14, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Okay so cinnamon chips in this recipe is just plain genius! Wow. I must give this a try once I get my hands on some cinnamon chips :) Great to bake with you this week!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 15, 2012 at 1:22 am

I’m totally loving your adaptations for this! I have so many bags of cinnamon chips just sitting around the pantry so I will most definitely make this!

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:47 am

Thanks, Chung-Ah! You have to find cinnamon chips and give them a try. They’re life changing.

Cindy Smith — August 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

They have cinnamon chips at Amazon, if you’re desperate.

• Jennie replied August 15th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Thanks for the information, Cindy! I love Amazon; they literally have everything.

IndianaAnna — August 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

They stopped carrying cinnamon chips at Meijer where I live and none of the other stores in town have ever carried them. So when I took a trip to Jungle Jim’s in Cinncinati, I bought 6 bags. That wasn’t nearly enough to last me until I can go again!