Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudgesicles

It’s officially the last day of #icecreamweek, and I can’t tell you how sad I am that it’s over. Okay, I’ll try. I’m REAL sad. Extremely sad. Heartbroken. I’m going to miss all of the frozen treats and the bright smiles on the faces of my friends when they’re testing my ice cream.

To celebrate the last day of #icecreamweek, I made y’all creamy, fudgy, strawberry-filled, chocolate chip studded fudgesicles. They. Are. Divine! I may have eaten the leftover chocolate base that didn’t fit in the molds by the spoonfuls. Maybe.

I got these cute little popsicle molds at Ikea for $1.99. They work great, and they’re pink. My fav color.

These popsicles taste like a chocolate covered strawberry. They’re creamy and have a deep cocoa flavor.

I’d like to thank my wonderful #icecreamweek partners in ice cream making crime, Jen from Juanita’s Cocina and Carla from Chocolate Moosey, for making this week very special and very sweet.

Please join us in the celebration of #icecreamweek by linking up one of your own ice cream recipes.

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudgesicles

1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs. cornstarch
3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbs. unsalted butter
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt.

In a medium-sized saucepan over medium low heat, heat milk over medium heat. Whisk in the sugar mixture as the milk heats. Cook until the mixture thickens into a loose pudding. Once it boils, it’s finished. Remove from heat and add cream, vanilla extract, and butter. Stir until melted and smooth.

Place plastic wrap directly over the custard and store in the refrigerator until completely cooled. If you’re impatient like me, place the bowl in an ice bath and whisk until room temperature. Once cooled, stir in strawberries and mini chocolate chips. Divide the mixture between the molds and freeze until solid.

To remove the pops from the molds, run the molds under warm water and pull gently on the sticks until they come loose.

Adapted from Joy the Baker

Share this post:Pin on Pinterest57Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly

20 Responses to “Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudgesicles”

Cindys Recipes — July 21, 2012 at 6:19 am

Hi Jennie,
    Thanks for a week’s worth of great ice cream treats to try from you, Carla and Jen! I linked my Cantaloupe Ice Cream and can’t wait to see more ideas! You three inspired me to do a post on old fashioned ice cream sodas!

• Jennie replied July 21st, 2012 at 7:43 am

Thank you so much for visiting us all week. I love ice cream sodas, yum! Thanks for linking up.

CCU — July 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

This has been an amazing week my friend, thank you so much :D

• Jennie replied July 21st, 2012 at 7:42 am

Thank you so much for visiting me all week, Uru!

Renee — July 21, 2012 at 7:43 am

Fudgesicles were my favorite frozen treat when I was a kid. Nice to have a recipe so I can make them. Now I just need the molds.
    PS. I have really enjoyed ice cream week.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 21, 2012 at 8:37 am

Ooooh yum! I need to get some popsicle molds ASAP!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — July 21, 2012 at 9:44 am

But, but, but…I donwannit to be over. *sigh*

I’m makin’ these popsicles. And I feel the need to talk like Bill Cosby.

Carla — July 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

Um Ikea? Dude, don’t tempt me to go back. Good thing I live like 3 hours away and can’t go often….

Yay fudgesicles!! I’ll take that whole tray! #icecreamweek with you and Jen was such a blast! Let’s plan again next year, except this time we won’t be up until midnight the night before haha

Terra — July 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm

They remind me of my favorite fudgesicle, BUT with a little surprise in the center! They look delicious:-) Hugs, Terra

DessertForTwo — July 21, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Ohhh yum! I must make these!

Kristina — July 22, 2012 at 9:28 am

LOVE the strawberry addition! I have a freezer full of fudgsicles right now…. :) Only I keep buying them so I’m pretty sure the box pushed to the back is covered in freezer burn….I’m obsessed with these during the summer! Loving these Jennie!

Parsley Sage — July 22, 2012 at 10:05 am

Well…I’ve clearly been making sub-par popsicles! These look unbelievably delicious :) I perfect way to beat the end and round up ice cream week!

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — July 22, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh yum. Those sound fabulous. Strawberries and fudgesicles- so simple, and yet so, so genius!

Deb — July 22, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Along the coast we are hovering under a cool blanket of summer fog. But that has not stopped me from dreaming of ice cream and Popsicles. The IKEA molds are just adorable, vibrant summer colors and at a price that we all can afford. Just wish the closest IKEA wasn’t an hour & a half away!

amy @ fearless homemaker — July 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm

these sound fantastic – yum! just can’t beat a good popsicle on these hot days!

Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook) — July 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm

i’ve been craving something chocolate and strawberry – this sounds perfect!

Angie @ Big Bear's Wife — July 24, 2012 at 9:28 am

Chocolate and strawberries! One of my favs!

monet — July 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm

What a delicious summer treat! Thank you for sharing it with us. Now I am craving chocolate. I wish I already had one of these in my fridge. Have a beautiful day!

cj — July 26, 2012 at 7:26 pm

These look so good :)

Baker Street — July 30, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I feel sad that I missed out on your blog hop! Everything looks so good! The chocolate covered strawberry popsicles is a brilliant idea.